The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 26, 2016, 10:20 AM   #51
Brit

Quote:
Quote:
Threat of serious bodily injury or death, yes I'd resort to force up to and including deadly force.

That begs the question. Outside of restraining a child or such presented with a threat of bodily injury or death is there any level of force below deadly force one would resort to?

I don't shoot with the intent to kill anyone - I shoot with the intent to stop the aggressors violent actions. However shooting center of mass has a distinct possibility of leading to death and I accept that. I'm not "pistol whipping" someone, putting them in a restraint hold, or shooting for an extremity or weapon. If I use force I have one level of force available and that is the use of a firearm to center of mass.
From sitting, a shot into the nose of a man standing, has much more of a chance to cause cease and desist, quickly, than two rounds into center of mass, plus his nose is further away from my lovely Wife, than between his nipples!