The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old July 23, 2006, 09:51 PM   #1
dkb2003

Is It Me Or Are Most Staff Members Abusive!!

Why is that if the text of your message isnt right or you DONT USE THE RIGHT CAPS they like to comment on it...or you leave a thread that they DONT LIKE...they have to be rude,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,like the comas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ok then....back to what i was saying...if it wasnt for us they wouldnt even be here ...but yet most of the senior members are rude and have no patience for new members...this baffles me...i guess i will move on to another forum....gl rude boys.....
Old July 23, 2006, 10:24 PM   #2
RJay

Don't let it bug you, we're just as rude and short tempered on the E- Gunparts forum.
Old July 23, 2006, 10:28 PM   #3
skeeter1

Rude???

Quite frankly, I've found the editors and moderators (and most members) here to be quite polite and helpful. I don't know who burned you, but maybe you should take a look in the mirror.
Old July 23, 2006, 10:30 PM   #4
BillCA

And here I thought it was because some of us actually paid attention in English class.
Old July 23, 2006, 10:36 PM   #5
Double Naught Spy

It's you.
Old July 24, 2006, 07:17 AM   #6
blume357

Hall Monitors Live to find fault

Think about it.
Old July 24, 2006, 07:43 AM   #7
model 25

Or do like I have done and go someplace else. There is alot of freedom elsewhere. Freedom of thought and exspression is important to me and it bothers me when the sites use NAZI tactics when they don't like what is being said whether true or not. If the Nazi had a delete button they wouldn't of had to burn books.

Yep I come back just for a bit to see if the site has changed any but as the thread shows I need to leave again. Now make sure you delete this thought before someone reads it.

Old July 24, 2006, 07:48 AM   #8
joab

Alot of the members and mods here are older guys. From a generation that called a spade a spade without all the flowery PC crap that is so in vogue today instead.

Some of the people I have the most respect for on this forum are the ones that have been "rude" to me
Old July 24, 2006, 12:51 PM   #9
Wildalaska

I like to be abused.

WildachapteroutofkraftebbingAlaska
Old July 24, 2006, 01:27 PM   #10
Rich Lucibella
Staff

u no what reely gets my pantees in a wad

when basking robens gives u a certifacut for a free ice creme coan and u go in and thay aks u not to cut into the frunt of the line and when its finly your tern thay wont let u have a choclit sundee then when u take the dam cheep coan and the ice creme part falls on the floor thay get all bent becuz you pik it up and put it bak on the coan part and start slurping up the driping ice creem and likking your fingers and then becuz your trying to not to loose any of it u tilt your hed bak and try stufing it in your moouth and the ice creem gets up your noze so u try to cleen that out at the cownter and befor u no it thay aks you to leeve freeking nazis that reely puts me in a bad mude dam fashests all i want is to be able to walk into basking robens and get in frunt of the line and get a free sundee and eet it at the cownter with my hands like i was tawt rich
Old July 24, 2006, 02:00 PM   #11
oldbillthundercheif

Ha!

Moderators, please add a post like the one above to show everyone you are not humorless geeks.

Sure, sometimes people are rude on this forum. That's the beauty of the whole thing... You can say what's on your mind.
Old July 24, 2006, 02:24 PM   #12
UniversalFrost

Quote:
Alot of the members and mods here are older guys. From a generation that called a spade a spade without all the flowery PC crap that is so in vogue today instead.
Heck I am a younger guy (27) and if your a friggin idiot I will let you know in plain english to bugger off.

As far as the mods' being abusive they are not. I have on occasion stepped out of line or joined the bandwagon on a flame session (.22 for elephants post by a guy new to guns) and they have been quick to put me and theothers in our place and give us a scolding like our parents did (or should have done).

Too bad that you had what you felt was an unfair expereice with the moderators. Life is not always fair and if you think everyone is against you maybe you should rethink the way you act/think/are .

Hope you have a better time in another forum if this one is too abusive for you. Happy trails and happy hunting.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green

Old July 24, 2006, 02:43 PM   #13
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Hey oldbillthundercheif! How long have you been a member here? - Not counting tomorrow! HA! Just kidding. Maybe.

dkb2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Rule #4
Mangling of the English language whether thru ignorance, age, sloth or intent diminishes and embarrasses each of us. Posts which are indecipherable due to inability to translate thoughts into coherent written statements will be deleted without explanation. Recidivists will be removed.
How is it rude to request that guests comport themselves in a dignified manner?

You wanna spit on the floor of my living room and drop an F-Bomb in front of my kids, expect to be removed - without apologies, without hard feelings and without mercy.

-Dave
Old July 24, 2006, 04:40 PM   #14
SOSARMS

Location: The great Buckeye state...where nuts are not just for eating
Hey RICH....

that was an extremely lucid response......you been eating brain pills ?????
Old July 24, 2006, 05:19 PM   #15
CrustyFN

Rich,
Thanks for sharing that with us but I don't think I will ever be able to eat at bashing robens again.
Rusty
Old July 24, 2006, 06:42 PM   #16
jhgreasemonkey

Rich you wear pantees??? Dude! Those are for ladies!
See he's got a sense of humor! You stinkin Poop faces!
Dont take it bad my friend. Keep in mind you cant see the facial expressions of the people who are talking to you. So it might sound worse than intended. Now if only I would go by this. You stinkin Poop faces!
Old July 24, 2006, 07:21 PM   #17
tyme
Staff

Panty raid!
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old July 24, 2006, 07:43 PM   #18
Heist

Rich = JeffK?!
Old July 24, 2006, 07:50 PM   #19
Rich Lucibella
Staff

OK-
That's enough. I only wear panties rarely....always on my head. But, even then, only when I'm known by my pen name, Bunny.

There, I've said it and I'm glad!
Rich
Old July 24, 2006, 07:50 PM   #20
Ammo Junky

Panty raid!

+1

I apologise in advance for spelling errors.
Old July 24, 2006, 08:26 PM   #21
sm

TFL raised the bar for all Internet Forums; TFL continues to raise the bar.

If one does not wish to assist in keeping the bar raised, or continue to raise the bar then 1) leave, 2) stick around and learn.

As shared above , we have Rules of Conduct , we also have Etiquette. Proper Etiquette is to PM Staff with questions. If a particular Staff member needs to be addressed, do so via PM.

Many of us know from experience, by visiting with Rich or any Staff here on TFL, about anything, these folks actually do listen and pay attention.

This medium is difficult enough, even with smile faces, to communicate.

---That said---

Rich...Rich...Rich, what are we going to do with you?

I know - Paging LawDog....page for Mr. Dawg...

Mr. Dawg,

I have an idea for a sequel to http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2...kit.html#links

"Luci's tactical Panty raid".

Regards,

Steve

I want it documented here and now, if the sales of panties increase for tactical reasons, it started here on TFL and Dawg promoted it. Oh, I want a cut of the sales too.
Old July 24, 2006, 09:10 PM   #22
spacemanspiff

pheewwww!!

I thought I'd take my secrets of the Tactical Black Panties to the grave with me!
Hey, who let Arts Grammaw in here? Why does she have a bar of soap? Uh oh...

GET AWAY!!!
Old July 24, 2006, 11:27 PM   #23
TexasSIGMan

dkb2003, you think that's rude?

Man just the other day some guy posted a topic and would you believe the whole thing was in capital letters? On top of that the guy didn't use complete sentences, and the whole mess was strung together with ....... between his thoughts. It made my head hurt trying to decipher what he was talking about.

At least THAT guy isn't complaining. Oh, wait.

Nevermind
Old July 24, 2006, 11:37 PM   #24
Doubletaptap

Haw!! Haw!!! Haww!!!! Rich!!!!! You ought ta get a emmy fer that one!!!!!!!
Panties on the head huh? Hmmmmmmmmmmm..............

Hey if they don't like it here, they probably didn't have nothing worth contributing anyhoo!!!!!
I'd much rather be here learning, than on some forum where everybody is cussing and spending most of the time trying to come up with a new insult for some poor unsuspecting person who asked a simple question.
Frig em'.
So to answer DKB2003,...It's you.
George
Old July 25, 2006, 12:39 AM   #25
Mike Irwin
Staff

It's you.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.