The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 20, 2018, 11:29 PM   #51
3Crows

The Lee Classic Cast, Turret or Single Stage, both, drop the primers down a tube which can be the collecting point or just aimed into a coffee can or trash can, straight down through the ram, no mess, no fuss, never a dropped primer on the floor.

3C
Old April 21, 2018, 05:14 AM   #52
GTOne

Quote:
All that being said I am considering purchasing a Dillon Progressive. I shoot roughly 500 a week (sometimes a little more if I'm feeling froggy) and the progressive is one way I can make that a little easier and more cost (time) effective. I've had the money saved and set aside for the full 650 setup with case feeder for a while now but have not pulled the trigger on it. Sure I'll probably like it, but will I like it that much more? I have not yet decided.
I did this, I kept my classic turret because it is perfect to team up with my 650. The 650 is set up for 9mm, and the turret takes care of any load development and all the other stuff that isn't 9mm(.380 45acp .233 and a couple big rifle).

It is a winning team. You won't be sorry if you do spring. The time saved is the main thing. The 650 does as advertised. If you have a couple extra primer tubes 500 rounds are done in 45 minutes and you won't have to look at it for a week. If you have a full busy family with b ball soccer and all that one can spend 3-4 hours in one day and load up for a month or two. That is a huge plus.