The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 9, 2019, 07:22 AM   #51
GarandTd

Quote:
I didn't say you did, someone else did
I wasn't really directing my "ahead of the game" comment toward anyone specifically. Just coincidence that I repeated it.
Old January 9, 2019, 08:47 AM   #52
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
I got to say that for myself I don't consider a cross bolt safety to mean Mossberg is way ahead of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Me neither..not necessary, IMHO, on any striker fired handgun..

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 9, 2019, 08:50 AM   #53
USNRet93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBM900 View Post
Seems you're only seeing the path at your feet instead of looking down the trail.
Very zen of you but there are no 'nationwide gun bans' coming to a place near you. Maybe after Jan 2021, but not now..sky still in place.

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 9, 2019, 09:57 AM   #54
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRet93 View Post
Very zen of you but there are no 'nationwide gun bans' coming to a place near you. Maybe after Jan 2021, but not now..sky still in place.
Aaaaaaand were back......(facepalm).....see just as I said, everyone else still bringing it up

Now I shouldn't, but I'll bite......

First you say...
Quote:
there are no 'nationwide gun bans' coming to a place near you.
But then you say...
Quote:
Maybe after Jan 2021
So which is it.....?

Quote:
but not now...sky still in place
Cite where I stated or even implied anything was happening 'now' or that the sky was falling 'now'.....

[eatspopcorn.gif]
Old January 9, 2019, 09:59 AM   #55
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Mac View Post
Now that is funny. It's as if you don't know what moving on means! I'll think I will now move on. It really isn't that difficult.
It's as if others (including you) keep bringing it up.....just as I stated already
Old January 9, 2019, 10:00 AM   #56
TBM900

Quote:
It's funny because it's true.

It is?
Cite where I stated anyone was 'wrong'.....

[eatsbiggerpopcorn.gif]

Cue the next to say.... "drop it" "move along" "stay on topic" in 3...2...1...

[washespopcorndownwithcoke.gif]
Old January 9, 2019, 10:08 AM   #57
TunnelRat

Good grief Charlie Brown. I found a comic amusing and that requires a reply directed at me? The point of that xkcd comment is that's how people act on the internet in general. They treat disagreements that really aren't that critical as if they were, such as this one. It's generally amusing, hence I laugh (and also because I appreciated someone else reading xkcd). For a guy that's moving on you won't drop it.
Maintain situational awareness
Old January 9, 2019, 10:32 AM   #58
TBM900

Quote:
Good grief Charlie Brown. I found a comic amusing and that requires a reply directed at me? The point of that xkcd comment is that's how people act on the internet in general. They treat disagreements that really aren't that critical as if they were, such as this one. It's generally amusing, hence I laugh (and also because I appreciated someone else reading xkcd). For a guy that's moving on you won't drop it.
Again, because others keep bringing it up, including asserting I stated things I never stated. Funny how that works.

Someone pondered, I gave an opinion, I gave my basis for said opinion, and it clearly hurt some feelings as here you (and others) are still bringing it up pages later.....oops

Amazing how fragile internet egos are, but thanks for further proving my point.

[stillmunchingpopcorn.gif]

Last edited by TBM900; January 9, 2019 at 10:54 AM.
Old January 9, 2019, 10:49 AM   #59
Carmady

You were flyin' too high for my little old sky...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI3EU6m50tw
Old January 9, 2019, 10:58 AM   #60
TunnelRat

Lol, I'm still bringing it up? Oh man, the irony. All I've been doing is responding to the times you keep quoting or referring to me for reasons I still don't grasp (such as finding a comic funny). As for my opinions, they're just my own, I'm merely sharing them like I've always done and will continue to do. My "feelings"? Man who knew we had psychologists here.
Maintain situational awareness
Old January 9, 2019, 11:45 AM   #61
GarandTd

....I heard Mossberg has a pistol on the market. MC1 or something....Anybody else hear that?
Old January 9, 2019, 12:23 PM   #62
TunnelRat

Quote:
....I heard Mossberg has a pistol on the market. MC1 or something....Anybody else hear that?
It sounds interesting.

Does anyone know when this is supposed to be widely available, or is it already shipping?

Last edited by TunnelRat; January 9, 2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old January 9, 2019, 12:33 PM   #63
Elkins45

If it sold at Kahr CW prices it might have a chance. Price point/quality ratio is really the only way to distinguish your product in this crowded market. Taking Glock mags helps, but the Glock takes them too.
Old January 9, 2019, 12:44 PM   #64
USNRet93

Quote:
We have never seen nation wide bans such as what is likely headed our way
TBM wrote.

I’ll ask again, what is ‘headed our way’?

"Tools not Trophies”
Old January 9, 2019, 12:57 PM   #65
Mike38

Quote:
Does anyone know when this is supposed to be widely available, or is it already shipping?
Gallery of Guns has them listed. MSRP $421 to $686. Says "out of stock" on all, so maybe they haven't even received them in yet?
Old January 9, 2019, 01:40 PM   #66
Spats McGee
Staff

Without having scoured the whole thread, here are my thoughts:

1. I like seeing more competition in the market.
2. I'm kind of impressed with Mossberg. IIUC, this is its first handgun in a century. Kind of brave to introduce it into the subcompact 9mm carry market. That's where the demand is, but that's also where the competition is.
3. I wonder if a G43 will take Mossberg mags. That would kind of stand to reason, but I'm not an engineer.
4. If I owned a G43 and wasn't real happy with it, it sure would be nice to pick one of these up and know that my G43 mags would work.
5. I kind of like the removal of the striker for takedown. I've never been real happy with having to pull the trigger on my Glock for that.
6. I'm not real excited about the crossbolt safety, but I understand that it's optional.
Old January 9, 2019, 02:48 PM   #67
hounddog409

I think it is overpriced. Mossberg is known for less expensive, reliable firearms.

This is prices higher that Ruger, Smith & Wesson M&P, etc.

not good. Had to be priced better to have a shot. Why would I buy this over the LC9 or M&P Compact or Shield?????
Old January 9, 2019, 06:10 PM   #68
Carl the Floor Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddog409 View Post
I think it is overpriced. Mossberg is known for less expensive, reliable firearms.

This is prices higher that Ruger, Smith & Wesson M&P, etc.

not good. Had to be priced better to have a shot. Why would I buy this over the LC9 or M&P Compact or Shield?????
How can you possibly know it is over priced without very much knowledge about this gun? Many reviewers are comparing it to a Glock 43 and quite possibly even a better pistol. How much is the Glock?

Why would you buy this over a Ruger LC9 etc? Let's wait and see. I have a LC9S, owned a Shield, but no longer. Yes, I might pay more above them if the gun deserved it. But we really do not know what the gun will sell for. Why is the Glock so expensive? I would not pay the prices they ask.
Suppose this Pistol is a better gun and you could get if for less than a Glock. Some might find that a great deal.
Why is the Sig 365 $500.00 or more? I shot a lot of rounds through that gun. Nice gun, does not fit my hand, shoots nice, but nothing great, and I have shot better. It should be priced around the same as other Micro 9mm's. $350 range. And I would prefer to put my own night sights on.
Old January 9, 2019, 08:59 PM   #69
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
How can you possibly know it is over priced without very much knowledge about this gun? Many reviewers are comparing it to a Glock 43 and quite possibly even a better pistol. How much is the Glock?

Why would you buy this over a Ruger LC9 etc? Let's wait and see. I have a LC9S, owned a Shield, but no longer. Yes, I might pay more above them if the gun deserved it. But we really do not know what the gun will sell for. Why is the Glock so expensive? I would not pay the prices they ask.

Suppose this Pistol is a better gun and you could get if for less than a Glock. Some might find that a great deal.

Why is the Sig 365 $500.00 or more? I shot a lot of rounds through that gun. Nice gun, does not fit my hand, shoots nice, but nothing great, and I have shot better. It should be priced around the same as other Micro 9mm's. $350 range. And I would prefer to put my own night sights on.
Well the P365 might be more because it does offer different capacity than the others so that utility might justify some cost and the included sights are quite good and certainly add some cost compared to the stock sights on most pistols. If your argument is you'd rather pick your own sights okay, but you have to realize there is a bit more cost there.

Old January 9, 2019, 09:53 PM   #70
GarandTd

Hard to tell if it's overpriced based off of an MSRP.
Old July 31, 2019, 09:04 PM   #71
Goodie

As a retired LEO, I have had a variety of Handguns,
My favorites for personal use are The Glock 43, 19, the Taurus Judge 45/401 and my favorite back up the Old Govt issue Stainless Mustang 380.
I recently had the opportunity to pick up a Mossberg MC1 sc at $310. I thought this was a reasonable price.
Size wise it is larger than the Mustang but smaller than the Glock 19 - very close to the Glock 43.
I find it comfortable to hold easy to breakdown and accurate to shoot.
I am not into "extras" so no night sights or lasers.
Now my search is for a good pocket holster. Many isb and osbs available but being new on the market - pocket or wallet holsters not in great variety.
Read the thread but would be interested in others that have purchased one and are pleased with it.
Old July 31, 2019, 09:20 PM   #72
OneFreeTexan

Bought one, cause I’ve been a Mossberg fan for years. Very pleased with the gun,, it is a pleasure to shoot and very accurate....comfortable in my hand,,, what more positive can I say about it...Don’t knock it if you haven’t shot one...!!!
Old August 2, 2019, 06:32 PM   #73
Bart Noir

Goodie, welcome to The Firing Line. Let us know how the shooting goes with your new Mossie. Accuracy, reliability, and just how well it really works with G43 magazines. If you have access to other pistols in that size you can make a comparison concerning recoil.

One thing some polymer pistols have is sharpish corners or edges, on the frame or magazine, right where they can gouge my hand under recoil. The Walther PPS certainly does not have these but I have smoothed plastic on other brands. How is the Mossberg?

The one I fondled in the gun shop seemed quite well made and I would be serious about this pistol, if I didn't already have 2 competitors to it.

Bart Noir
Old December 1, 2019, 05:13 AM   #74
Carl the Floor Walker

Was at the club yesterday (outdoor range) and shot the Mossberg for the second time. I am very impressed with this Pistol. Shoots excellent. In fact was surprised at how well it performed. And again, really like the way the striker comes out for easy cleaning. Something I believe most shooters to not do as often as they should.
Came home and saw that this gun can be bought for $249 with free shipping. A heck of a deal. Just shows you, that you do not have to spend $500.00 on a small Micro 9. This gun shoots as well if not better than one's that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Old December 2, 2019, 08:15 AM   #75
willr

I posted a comment about the Mossberg last Summer -- no responses. I still think the product is outstanding, and I really enjoy shooting mine. Have had a preference for striker fired pistols ever since my 1914 Mauser.
willr