The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old June 10, 2016, 05:20 AM   #1
Jdmdc5r

Nics delayed NH Lon gun purchase

About a year ago I had been arrested for 1 count of felony controlled substance. I went before a judge and attended a drug evaluation program to support my claim that it wasn't mine (I've seen cops I know they all say that) but in my case after a couple drug tests , some work on my lawyer, and lack of evidence. My charge was dismissed. Last night I went to purchase a new long gun and when my ffl entered my info In the computer it instantly came back as delayed. Should I be concerned about this? The FBIs page is kinda murky on this one but this arrest it's self was over a year ago and was my only in fraction in my entire life
Old June 10, 2016, 07:27 AM   #2
Spats McGee
Staff

Welcome to TFL, Jdmdc5r!

I know that you're here looking for help, but you really need to look for help from: (a) an attorney; (b) licensed in your jurisdiction; and (c) versed in firearms and criminal laws at both the state and federal level. When you find an attorney to help you out, you're going to want to ask about: (1) firearms prohibitions (state and federal); and (2) the NICS appeals process (if it becomes necessary).

Should you be concerned? Yes. However, I'm going to close this thread before you can start revealing more details than are really helpful for you. What you say to your attorney is confidential and privileged by law. What you post on the internet is not. While "the gang" here at TFL is knowledgeable and well-meaning, few of us are licensed to practice law, and even fewer are licensed in your jurisdiction.

Good luck.