The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old May 15, 2017, 01:50 PM   #1
briandg

Chaos.

Chaos still rules. The other day at a grocery store, we had packed up and we were getting into the car when I heard yelling at the other end of the lot. Scabby looking guy was walking a direct path to my car. Wife got in, I sat down but didn't close the door. He turned and walked past her door, she hit the power window to protect herself. As the guy walked around the front of the car towards me, she rolled my window up to keep me safe.

She caught my left hand in the window, I started shouting obscene words, the guy laughed.

The guy was just a goon bent on intimidating the old man, just like I figured him to be. Hopefully I made his day a little brighter.

So, next time you are near a car that has power windows, if a weird situation comes up, keep your hands away from the Windows.
Old May 15, 2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Fogey

IF my wife ever pulls a shot like that she will be looking for some good natured ribbing for a long time to come.
Old May 15, 2017, 02:35 PM   #3
briandg

Oh, no. I got a sensitive one. I didn't dare say a word, she still broke down and cried about fifteen minutes later. We were in her vehicle, she was driving, driver controls everything about the vehicle. Regardless of that, she hit the panic stage when she found him outside her window, and didn't verify that her actions were safe.
Old May 15, 2017, 03:40 PM   #4
shafter

Those must be some pretty fast windows...
Old May 15, 2017, 03:43 PM   #5
Deaf Smith

I'll just say to my wife what Roy Miller said, "Okay. I understand. You stay here while I go talk to the guys back in the tunnel."

Deaf
Old May 15, 2017, 03:49 PM   #6
briandg

shafter, she leaves them down about two inches, Im not even sure why my hand was up there. I felt it move, had time to wonder "WHAT THE..." and then chaos came raining down.

Somebody put this on a course. having to shoot after hitting your thumb with a nail.

I'm not trying to get anything too deep going here, I've just got a healthy respect for the forces of chaos, and this really set me back a bit. pistol was under my left thigh. left hand was caught in the window. bogey was standing outside the car laughing himself sick. Sitcom material..
Old May 16, 2017, 01:32 PM   #7
DaleA

Thank you for sharing. I'm VERY glad it turned out okay. It's nice to see a post like this every once in a while.
Old May 16, 2017, 03:14 PM   #8
shafter

Ahh, I see. That must have hurt!