The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 16, 2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Punisher_1

Double Standard

Does anyone else find it strange that while our 2A rights are under attack for the purpose of safety and reducing violence that we are going to send weapons and ammunition to Syrian "Rebel" civilians? I'm sure they are not going to be bolt action hunting rifles and they won't have to fill out an ATF form for a full auto version. Do you think they will send them AK-47s from some vendor or are we going to send M-4s so we can make a sale?

I wonder if the Syrian government in power confiscated their (civilian) weapons sometime in the past and now they are in need of weapons to defend themselves against a tyrannical government. Maybe they are in need of some 2A.
Old June 16, 2013, 08:40 AM   #2
teeroux

Yep the president is going to put machine guns in the hands of child soldiers of a foreign nation and try to strip us of our non-machine guns.
Old June 16, 2013, 08:42 AM   #3
gaseousclay

Strange, yes. Surprising, no. This is a partisan effort (like a lot of wars) to prevent the slaughter of innocent civilians. I dislike the idea of civilians being unable to defend themselves but I dislike our government meddling in foreign affairs at tax payer expense even more
Old June 16, 2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Glenn E. Meyer

Sorry, kids - foreign affairs even with the mention of guns isn't our thing.

Closed.