The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 20, 2008, 12:49 PM   #1
chuckmatlock

10/22 shoulder pad on ebay?

anyone get one of these for their ruger 10/22 and are they worth it? hate the cheap plastic one that came standard.
Old May 21, 2008, 08:32 AM   #2
SavageMOA

I have a 10/22 but the recoil has never been significant enough to bother me. But if it really does bother you and the funds allow, I say why not? It definitely couldn't hurt anything! How much is it? If it's over $20, I wouldn't trouble myself with it.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:07 AM   #3
Wyldman

LOLOL, why on earth would someone make a recoil pad for a 10/22? I wouldn't buy one ... sounds like a waste of $$$$ if you ask me.

"The stupider people think you are, the more surprised they are when you kill them."
Old May 22, 2008, 10:33 AM   #4
chuckmatlock

I don't like the plastic one

i was going to get it for eye appeal more than function. the ruger cheap plastic one just looks bad.
Old May 22, 2008, 11:00 AM   #5
SavageMOA

I figured that's what you wanted it for. I stick by my thought that if it's cheap, then go for it. Can't hurt!
Old May 22, 2008, 11:17 AM   #6
Kreyzhorse

If recoil isn't an issue (and it isn't - it's a 22!) why not buy it and see if you like the look better? I wouldn't spend much money on it though. After all, the Ruger 10/22 isn't a real expensive rifle to begin with.
Old May 22, 2008, 07:21 PM   #7
Pahoo

Well, I have one of these on my hunter. Why?? Basically for the reason you mentioned and then some.

Quote:
why on earth would someone make a recoil pad for a 10/22?
In part, it's because I do not care for the cheap plastic, as chuckmatlock has pointed out. These use to be made of metal. The main reason I got one, was that I need a better bite on the ground and into my sholder than plastic or metal. Recoil is not the issue at all. Am I completely satisfied with it?? NO and only because it adds to the OAL of the rifle. I would prefer a thinner simpler rubber butt pad. Would I buy another one? Probably not!!!