The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old July 26, 2010, 07:42 PM   #1
07blkchevy

Colt single shot bolt .22 LR?

My grand father was a gun smith and has parts for a Colt .22 single shot, but no action. Is this even something possible to find. Any info on this gun would be great. it is marked with colt ptfa mfg. co. "the colteer 1-22" thank you

Last edited by 07blkchevy; July 26, 2010 at 08:12 PM.
Old July 27, 2010, 09:37 AM   #2
PetahW

[ no action. Is this even something possible to find. "the colteer 1-22"]

I doubt it, since (in my experience) it'll be someone with a rifle (action) looking for/needing parts, ILO someone with parts looking for an action.

You can buy an entire rifle, holding your parts "just in case", or sell/auction the parts to someone looking for them.

Colt marketed the rifle 1957- 66, IIRC.

Old July 27, 2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Hardcase

Here's a link to the manual: http://www.coltsmfg.com/fdownload-r2...teer_1-22.aspx

They were sold in the '50s and '60s by Winchester and also rebranded by Wards and similar outfits. They pop up on Gunbroker fairly often - a well-loved one sold for about $80 last week and a really nice looking model went for $170 a few days before that.

There are quite a few parts listed on Gunbroker right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could piece together a complete receiver, but it might be cheaper to keep your eye out for one with a shot-out barrel and beat up stock and get the parts that way.
Old July 27, 2010, 02:31 PM   #4
m.p.driver

If it's like the single shot bolt action like i once had it was manufactured by Kodiak arms which was in New Haven,then marketed by Jefferson arms,and then Colt had their label slapped on it as the Colteer. Nice enough little rifle but while i was in the army somehow the bolt disappeared.Never found a bolt for it,a friend later used it as a class project in gunsmithing school and fabricated a bolt from scratch.