The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 30, 2017, 09:40 PM   #101
TheGuyOfSouthamerica

I just CONVERT factory birdshot ammo to defensive/hunting ammo.
Basically converting birdshot rounds to buckshot and slug rounds.
I never had a failure and self made ammo is from higher/equal Quality as factory ammo.
Lee precision molds specially their shotgun molds are intended to be used for CONVERTING "el cheapo" birdshot rounds to higher value buckshot/slug rounds.

dreaming probably has never reloaded and therefore believes in the myth of non reloaders that reloaded ammo is dangerous, unreliable and unstable.
My 357 mag relaoded wadcutters never had a single failure. Nor did my 9mm Luger reloads.
With reloading over her in Southamerica you save at least 50% of the factory ammo Price on any caliber and you get better ammo.

Specially These 20 ga loaded with 6 caliber 311 45 grain each buckshot should not be underestimated for self defense rounds. As well .575" round musket balls in an 20 ga within 100 meters you can hit confidently an human size target as well with the Lee 7/8 oz 12 ga drive key slugs.

Once my 380 Auto pistol arrives which I will carry concealed, I will start reloading for that caliber as well using the Lee 102 grain roun nose .356" lead cast bullet. One 380 acp factory round costs here about 0.81 USD and an 9mm Luger is just a Little bit cheaper meanwhile 38 spl is over 1 USD per round.
Old January 31, 2017, 12:36 AM   #102
Evan Thomas

Well this one sure isn't on topic any more. The post that started this thread reads in part:
Quote:
I'm looking to get a home defense shotgun to keep bedside. The three models I'm looking at are maverick 88, pardner pump, or savage 320. I'm aware that the pardner and savage are made in China an the maverick assembled in us with Mexico parts. Does anybody who owns one of the three have any suggestions.
There was nothing about what loads to use, and there certainly was nothing about reloading shotgun shells, discussion of which is scarcely helpful to someone who is looking for their first shotgun.

Sheesh.