The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 8, 2011, 03:59 PM   #1
nefprotector

NEF PROTECTOR Jamming update!

Hello all after a year of good times and bad times with my NEF Protector. I finally found the problem with my shotgun jamming problem. It was the shell stop and slide action bars. (Which no one mentioned). I tinkered with the shell stop and the jamming stopped for now. Anyway I now know whats wrong with it.
Old January 9, 2011, 01:40 AM   #2
jmortimer

I hope this solves you problem and you grow to love or at least appreciate your Pardner for what it is, the best pump action shotgun for the least money.
Old January 12, 2011, 01:14 AM   #3
o2fstball

Help

Took my Protector out for the first time and it jammed up. It is having a hard time feeding the next shell (or the first shell at times) from the magazine into the receiver. Thought maybe it was a mag spring issue, but your post peaked my interest. Can you explain what you did to get yours up and running smoothly? I hate to do the whole warranty thing, but a gun that does not cycle properly is basically useless to me, no matter how much I paid.
Thanks.
Old January 12, 2011, 01:06 PM   #4
nefprotector

Your problem does sound like a Magazine tube, follower issue. Try replacing you factory spring with a Wolff Universal shotgun spring and change out the follower with an aluminum or stainless steel one. Also clean all of the goo out of the mag tube.

My problem was the shell stop was allowing two shells to pass, thus jamming my shotgun. Heck I just bent it outward just a little. Works now.... But who knows for how long.