The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 6, 2019, 09:27 PM   #1
oldscot3

Ruger Gunsite 5.56 trigger

I have a report a very postive experience I just had. My Ruger GSR came from the factory with a decent trigger but a bit heavy for my taste at a consistent 4 pounds. Despite some advertising that I had seen touting an adjustable trigger, they are not. After some research however, it seemed the fix was not overly complex with the biggest improvement coming from a reduced pull weight obtained by swapping the trigger spring for an aftermarket unit.

In my case, the only minor issue was knowing exactly what trigger I had because Ruger changed to the LC-6 design the year my rifle was made. I emailed a company by the name of Ernie the Gunsmith late in the evening over the weekend to inquire which spring I might need, and to my amazement got a reply only minutes later. I placed my order and it was in my mailbox today.

It took about 3 minutes to install, most of that digging for the right size allen bits. Now my trigger breaks at a very consistent 2-1/4 pounds. I love it!

Ernie sells springs for several models of rifles that can benefit from them and he was outstanding to deal with. I highly reccomend him if you have such a need.