The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old July 28, 2021, 07:46 PM   #26
Sevens

Seems to be a moot point... unless I took a wrong turn, I'm not seeing any of these at Bud's.
Old July 28, 2021, 07:59 PM   #27
AzShooter

It's a definite go in my mind. I picked this one up a few years ago from J&G sales and it's worked great. The Model 10 just cries out to be shot and modified. The older models have much better triggers than new models so get it and enjoy
Old July 29, 2021, 07:33 AM   #28
Mike Irwin
Staff

CRAP! It looks like I waited too long. Looks like they're all gone as they are not showing up on Bud's site.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old July 29, 2021, 08:10 AM   #29
biblethumpncop

I bought a 10-8 Heavy Barrel Round Butt for $283 on Gun Broker last month. I saw a similar gun with a square butt sold this week on the same site for $280. Just keep looking, they are out there.
Old July 29, 2021, 05:19 PM   #30
highpower3006

I recently picked up a RHKP marked 10-9 in beautiful condition for $400. They are still out there if you keep looking.

Last edited by highpower3006; July 29, 2021 at 06:26 PM.
Old July 29, 2021, 08:41 PM   #31
shoebox1.1

GB frustrates the heck outta me. You type in a search. Let’s say smith Wesson model 10. And it gives you 5000 ar15 ads!!! I get mad then turn it off.
Old July 30, 2021, 07:52 AM   #32
shurshot

Highpower, that is one mint model 10! My guess is from the looks of it, either the HK Police kept it in storage, or they don't qualify with more than a handful of rounds. Nice find!!!
Old August 7, 2021, 01:58 PM   #33
ThomasT

Yes his RHKP looks a LOT better than the one I had and stupidly sold. Mine was also missing the lanyard. I never could find a lanyard to replace it either.

And it looks like Buds is sold out. I would really like a skinny barrel model 10 to go with the HB model 10 I got a few months ago. It could keep my model 15 company too.

My friend bought a model 10 police turn in from Buds a few years ago and I think it started life as a taper barreled gun but somewhere along the way the barrel was switched to a heavy barrel. The barrel does not mate up correctly with the frame where it screws in. The barrel is just a tiny bit fatter than the front of the frame. But the gun shoots just fine. Its his favorite handgun.
Old August 9, 2021, 06:39 AM   #34
Mike Irwin
Staff

Last RHKP-marked Smith & Wesson I saw was chambered for .380-200.

That was back in the 1990s. Wanted it, but I couldn't afford it.

Old August 9, 2021, 09:02 AM   #35
Mulebuk Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Irwin View Post
Bud's gun shop has gotten a large shipment of 4" Model 10 S&Ws, police trade ins.

Exterior condition is described as fair to poor, but mechanically sound.

Very, very tempting to get myself a project revolver/beater.

Go for it, don't let the fair to poor scare you, that's generally holster wear. Easy peasy to re-blue and now you got a classic. And they probably have less than 100 rounds through them. Once a year qualifying.

However don't be fooled, Bud's is still ripping you off. They probably got them for free.
Old August 9, 2021, 12:42 PM   #36
Mike Irwin
Staff

They're all gone now.

Old August 24, 2021, 11:28 PM   #37
shoebox1.1

I finally got a model 10 on GB. Overpaid for it but it should be a good one. Twc markings on frame so maybe there’s some neat history I could find out someday. Is going to be my new daily carry
Old August 25, 2021, 02:45 PM   #38
Hawg

TWC was for The Wackenhut Corporation.
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #39
Seven High

Why are HB models more desirable than the pencil barrel models? Are they more accurate?
Old Today, 05:54 PM   #40
dgludwig

HB barrels are not intrinsically more accurate but, for some people, they might make it easier to shoot more accurately (less recoil and muzzle rise). Too, there are those who feel (subjectively) that some firearms handle, point and "hang" better with a little more weight up front.