The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 21, 2021, 06:49 PM   #26
sevt_chevelle

CZ screwed the pooch big time with that. I had to source my plates from France and Czech since none are available here in the states.

Dont' know on the P10 series but the shadow 2, one could darn near have screws 1/4 inch too long

The guys that prefer the 1st gen MP are competition guys.
Both are great
Old July 21, 2021, 06:54 PM   #27
TunnelRat

No 4" seems gen update proof in the immediate future...

I was able to get my plate and sights for my P10-C in a kit through CZ USA’s web store. I was on the notification list for 4-6 months I think? I was on travel a lot at the time and periodically I would land, check my email to see a notification that the plates were in stock, quickly open a browser, and then find them out of stock when I went to the page or have them run out of stock while I was checking out. Drove me nuts. I finally did get them. They do seem to be in stock on their web store these days at least. When I heard HK was going to do the same “buy the plate later” routine I knew they were going to have the same problem, and lo and behold they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; July 21, 2021 at 07:56 PM.
Old July 21, 2021, 09:28 PM   #28
wild cat mccane

Glock also says on their website a tighter action and trigger along with a better barrel improve gen5 accuracy. This is straight from the Glock website I posted.

I haven't heard someone say their Gen5 is less accurate than the Gen4.

The point being, if there is an agreement on a 500 dollar gun being better with a new generation, it's kinda silly not to get the improvement (let's assume it's a mechanical improvement.
Old July 22, 2021, 04:35 AM   #29
eflyguy

Nobody is arguing against the fact that all manufacturers make incremental improvements. Some people might notice a difference.

Just saying if you need something now, choose from what's available. If you don't need it now, or are determined to get a specific feature, then sure, wait until you're happy.
Old July 22, 2021, 11:35 AM   #30
JDBerg

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane:
Glock also says on their website a tighter action and trigger along with a better barrel improve gen5 accuracy. This is straight from the Glock website I posted.

I haven't heard someone say their Gen5 is less accurate than the Gen4.

The point being, if there is an agreement on a 500 dollar gun being better with a new generation, it's kinda silly not to get the improvement (let's assume it's a mechanical improvement.
My 19X has a smooth rolling break trigger that is almost as good as the APEX Action Enhancement Trigger package that I have on my Gen3 17. I do think that this APEX package is a bit light for my Gen3 19, but I do have the APEX firing pin block and connector, and a polished trigger bar on the 19. But I like the Wilson Combat Vickers Elite F.O. Front & Blind Battlesight Rear on the 17 and 19 better than the luminescent sights I had Glock install on the 19X a while back.

My take is that my Gen3 17 & 19 with sight & trigger mods that I like and have good shooting experience with works better for me than replacing these with Gen5 versions.