The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old June 11, 2019, 04:30 PM   #126
Aguila Blanca
Staff

This thread has really gone off the rails. What Bartholomew Roberts originally asked was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartholomew Roberts
So I wanted to start a discussion on the aspects of firearms that have a strong self-defense deterrent but are maybe less practical in their physiological effects.
So, while he was asking about psychological vs. physiological, he asked about firearms, not knives. We appear to have lost sight of the actual question entirely.

Since the discussion with respect to knives has pretty much run its course, with one group noting that when used in robberies knives are used mostly for intimidation/coercion (in other words, psychological effect) while another faction maintains that a decrease in the percentage of armed robberies involving knives somehow proves that knives are not used for psychological purposes. Since neither side has convinced the other, and since the entire discussion of knives is off the original topic anyway, I think it's time to shut this one down. I would encourage Bartholomew Roberts to repost the original question, but without the preamble that dragged edged weapons into a discussion that should have been about firearms.
Closed Thread