The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old June 20, 2002, 11:08 AM   #1
Big Hext

Who shoots Cowboy and how often and where?

Howdy all,

Still being wet behind the ears on this board, thought I'd make a little noise and learn sumthin' as well.

Gracias,
Big Hext
Old June 20, 2002, 11:34 AM   #2
DCR

Howdy!

I shoot 1 - 3 times per month. The local club (Oregon Trail Rough Riders, in Boise, ID) shoots the third Saturday of the month, year round. Another club (Squaw Butte Regulators, Emmett, ID- 20 miles away) shoots on the first Sunday, and another club in Vale, Oregon (about 1.5 hours away) shoots the fourth Sunday. Occasionally on the 2nd Sunday, the indoor range has an untimed fun shoot using paper plates and targets (sometimes moving) for rifle and pistol only. There are more clubs within 150 miles, but I can't justify the travel right now. If I had the time, I'd do it every weekend!!

DCR
"Abogado" SASS # 36181.
Old June 20, 2002, 12:03 PM   #3
Ceol Mhor

I'll be shooting my first match this Sunday...

Ceol Mhor, aka Whatcha
Old June 21, 2002, 10:51 AM   #4
fal308
Staff Alumnus

I shoot once a month regularly and ocassionally twice a month. Home club is at www.cowboygass.com
Old June 21, 2002, 08:04 PM   #5
redrum

Just started shooting this month with the K.C.Corral bunch in Richmond,VA area, but my home club is the Pungo Posse in Virginia Beach,VA. I'll be shootin' with them for the first time on the 6th...

Only done it one time and am hooked already!

-Redrum

-------------
NRA
SASS #46013
SBSS #1007
IDPA #15333