The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old November 6, 2013, 12:30 PM   #26
mikld

Quote:
Actually, if they were ran threw a SAW they could be out of whack. You really don't know the history.
You could get the calibers out and look at the face and scratch your head. Play it safe and just set them to the side for
now and try to size them on a single stage press. If you are in fact on a single stage press then scrap them.
I was thinking along the same lines; machine gun. If it were my problem I would first measure the offending brass and compare with OK cases...
Old November 6, 2013, 02:08 PM   #27
schmellba99

Quote:
Sorry, but it doesn't appear to be working at all, let alone OK.
How do you figure it's not working at all, or even OK?

I don't care how much you lube a case, or with what lube you use - if the case (especially a rifle case) was fired in a chamber that is way oversized, you are going to have issues with normal sizing dies getting that case back to spec.

The OP said the majority of cases were sizing just fine - it is only a handful that he's having issues with. And even then, a bit more force ended up sizing the case without any issues.