The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: General

Old June 23, 2012, 10:49 AM   #1
lindseyl

22 rifle

I just recieved a 22 rifle from my dad. It has Premier Trail Blazer engraved in it and the # 2220 with a k under it. I'm taking it that it is not worth much, but what does the number 2220 k represent? An interesting thing about it, is that it has the Roman number X stamped in various places including on the wood stock and metal parts. The X is very neat and is engraved. Wonder what was used to stamp the X's in and why? Sorry, don't know a lot about guns. Just wondering.
Old June 23, 2012, 11:26 AM   #2
tahunua001

posting pictures would give a little better idea what you have. you could be the most avid firearms enthusiast in the world and still have trouble describing it in a way that would help identification.
Old June 24, 2012, 06:10 PM   #3
10-96

Well, I don't know about the 'X's" stamped all over it, but the "K" means that it's s'posed to have the long round bbl instead of the short round bbl or an octogon bbl. It was made between 1927 and 1928 most likely and OF Mossberg made them for Montgomery Wards.

Value depends greatly on condition. If it's still in pretty good condition- a lot of those older 80-90 year old rimfire rifles make for really good and enjoyable shooters.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.
Old June 29, 2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Danny Creasy

I googled "Premier Trail Blazer" and ......

got one hit after the other stating that this was a Stevens 29 pump action rifle sold as a house brand rifle by the chain store.
Old July 6, 2015, 08:35 PM   #5
Russ01

Preimer firing pin

I have a preimer 22 with the octagon barrel and i'm looking for a firing pin the pin and spring. If anyone out there may have one apart for measurements or knows were i can get parts would be a great help. After running through the web i have found out that the model m in the mossburg line may work. Thanks Russ