The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #51
5whiskey

Quote:
What is your free time worth?
It's worth exactly whatever it is I want to do in my free time. Usually spending time with the kids. BUT... I do like to shoot and I actually often pay money to do it. While I wouldn't pay rent on a reloading press purely for the sake of reloading like I do range fees purely for the sake of shooting, reloading is still something I mostly "want" to do as I get to see the outcome when I shoot. It can be a chore sometimes, but I still enjoy it. I like to tinker. I like to work up good loads. I like to work on and make the cheap Lee classic turret crank out rounds beyond what it's life expectancy probably should be.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #52
Sevens

Does anyone participating in this thread realize that Freedom Munitions and LAX ammo are quite possibly two of the worst known re-man ammo sources of the known free world?

This stuff makes the very idea of "remanufactured ammo" seem like a horrendous idea.

And that's a shame because quality re-man is decent ammo. Black Hills began life as a quality re-man ammo company.

Freedom Munitions is hot garbage. LAX is basically the same junk from the same folks.
Old Today, 01:45 PM   #53
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Does anyone participating in this thread realize that Freedom Munitions and LAX ammo are quite possibly two of the worst known re-man ammo sources of the known free world?
and your point is???

I see them mentioned in the OP, but only about their advertised prices, not the quality, I've never used any, nor do I plan to.

"Remanufactured" is just a fancy term for "reloaded" commercially, and guarantees nothing specific.

I KNOW the quality of my reloads and handloads, and if it doesn't meet my minimum standards, I know who is to blame for that.

At last count (and it was some while ago) I was set up to reload for about 30 different rifle and handgun rounds. Been reloading since the early 1970s, don't do a lot of volume shooting anymore, so not really concerned with factory ammo prices much.

We're all in different spots, but for me, reloading isn't obsolete, its my primary ammo source.