The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old January 3, 2019, 02:24 PM   #1
Unique

Adding pics to thread

How do you add pics to your threads ?
Old January 3, 2019, 04:56 PM   #2
DaleA

Try reading this thread.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=292842

I know pictures can be added to threads. I've seen it. I've actually done it. But for me it's like pulling teeth. I have to go back to the above thread every single time I want to do it. The info doesn't seem to stick. On the third hand there are several folk here that seemingly effortlessly post photos showing what they are talking about. I have nothing but admiration and respect for their skill.

Good luck.
Old January 3, 2019, 05:13 PM   #3
FITASC

It isn't hard if you are talking about pics on the net: right click on pic, View Page Info, Copy, then click pic icon in response (looks like a mountain with sun), and paste and post
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old January 3, 2019, 05:15 PM   #4
FITASC

The original image posted in this thread came in massive. So, I've edited it to show how the size tag's pixel number is used to control the image size following the directions in my post at the bottom of this thread.

The first image is resized to 100 pixels.

This image is resized to 500 pixels, which is a pretty good standard for posting pictures here at TFL.

--Mike Irwin
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old January 3, 2019, 08:46 PM   #5
Unique

Thanks And not from internet. My own pics. Thanks DaleA
Old January 3, 2019, 10:24 PM   #6
FITASC

Upload to a hosting site like Imgur and then down load here
Old January 3, 2019, 11:13 PM   #7
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Or go to the link DaleA provided in post #2 and use the instructions in the first section.
Old January 4, 2019, 07:16 AM   #8
Mike Irwin
Staff

And PLEASE pay attention to the size of your photos as they import!

Looking at the MASSIVE image you posted, FITASC.

Resizing a picture is as simple as adding [ resize=XX] before the image tag and [ /resize] AFTER the image tag.

The XX represents the size of the picture in pixels. A good number to start with is 500.

So, the whole thing would look like (adding spaces so the tagging shows, do not put the spaces in the tags)

[resize = 500] [ image address from hosting site] [/resize ]

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old January 4, 2019, 05:31 PM   #9
larryf1952

If you're uploading photos to a 3rd party hosting site, like Flickr or Imgur, they will likely give you the option of selecting the size of the photo before you upload it. I always choose the 800x600 option. That seems to work well with all of the forums that I frequent, and the forums do not have to do any resizing of the photo in order to show it.

Here's an example of a photo that I resized to 800x600 when uploading to Imgur:

Last edited by larryf1952; January 4, 2019 at 05:38 PM.