The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 16, 2012, 09:24 AM   #1
CS86

Ordered a Scope

I ordered a Vortex scope from optics planet about 2 weeks ago. The site didn't say it was on backorder, but after I ordered I got the email that it was backorder. This is fine but, they said it would be 5-10 days before they get it in stock, but it hasn't stocked yet. Has anyone else had any problems with the site. I thought about calling them today. I'm getting a little frustrated.
Old March 16, 2012, 01:13 PM   #2
Catalyst

I've used them twice now, both times have been very prompt. My one complaint is as you've discovered, 65% of their listed optics inventory seems to be "Backorder Availible". Some of their inventory has a mirror item that is in stock, as if the backordered item has been replaced with an updated version but never removed from the site. Maybe double check your purchase and see if you can find a matching scope and ask about replacing the order.