The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old November 6, 2007, 03:47 PM   #1
psdan000

Thread deleted?

i started a thread about nylon vs brass cleaning brushes in the rifle forum but it seems it got deleted? just wondering why?
Old November 6, 2007, 04:17 PM   #2
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

TFL encountered a problem with its database yesterday, and as a result, some threads were lost. New members that registered yesterday also found their accounts gone, and had to re-register.

Our vBulletin guru, Tyme, is on it (see the announcement at the top of every forum), but I fear you'll have to restart your thread. Sorry for the inconvenience, psdan.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old November 6, 2007, 04:43 PM   #3
tyme
Staff

Yeah, unfortunately you'll have to repost the thread if you started it yesterday. But the post should be at the alternate forum url (see the announcement), so all you have to do is cut and paste.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old November 6, 2007, 10:36 PM   #4
psdan000

i posted it again this morning thinking maybe i didnt post it right or something and now its gone again. AND i made a post in the for sale section about a barrel for sale and its also gone
Old November 7, 2007, 04:13 PM   #5
Don H

Here's the barrel post: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=267529
Old November 7, 2007, 05:19 PM   #6
Mal H
Staff

Since the post you linked, Don, is timestamped after psdan000 noted here that his barrel thread was missing, I would assume that one is the thread he re-posted and not the missing one.
Old November 7, 2007, 11:19 PM   #7
Don H

Slight oversight on my part.