The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 29, 2012, 11:01 PM   #1
cajun47

looking for a small fire resistant gun safe.

at a good price. im frugal not fancy/bragger. it needs to be rather small, like a 10 or 14 gun safe. im looking through amazon right now. most have free shipping on the safes!

so whats a decent brand for someone on a budget around $300 or $400? it can't be more than 20" deep. thats really a bit too much.

i only have 3 rifles, couple handguns, and some ammo that are kinda worthy of a good safe.
Old March 10, 2012, 01:33 AM   #2
opsman

In your price range you might want to look around in craigs list or something for a used safe. But for a few dollars more if you can purchase from COSTCO might I suggest

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...=1&topnav=&s=1

I don't know of much you can get with your price range other than a lockable box from stackon available at most Wal Marts.
Old March 10, 2012, 02:47 AM   #3
Pietro Beretta

Just remember, a fire "safe" is a lockable compartment that can withstand being in a fire for a specific amount of time without damage to the contents.

A fire safe is not a burglary safe, and it will never stand up to a burglar. I am sure you already know that.

Large

This is a burglary safe.