The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 8, 2018, 05:58 PM   #26
MotorCycleDave

It isn't weird at all. I find myself using rimfire more than centerfire just because I have a large abundance of them. Although, I never really left using centerfire and use it on a weekly basis as well.
Old January 18, 2018, 12:48 PM   #27
41 Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchito457 View Post
Don't find it strange at all..
A while back I would spend hours at the range shooting my 45's until one day this old timer had me shoot his S/W 617-I was immediately hooked on .22's through the revolver platform and ran out and bought one..Fast forward some time and that same .22 is the only handgun I own that makes every range trip with me. I credit shooting a .22 revolver in double action as making me a way better shot today and find myself shooting .22 about 70 percent of my total range time...
Funny, but as soon as I read about the introduction of the 617 at the "Shot Show" I wrote to S&W that I wanted one ASAP. They replied, with the release date, & I bought the first 4" 617 sold in central Pa., & I can still hardly leave home for the range or the woods without it ! It is always along on any opportunity for a shooting day ! I love it !!!
Old January 18, 2018, 12:58 PM   #28
625TC

Shooting 22s is just plain fun. I am currently sitting up a little range behind the house just for rimfire use. this not to mention there are some really cool 22s that have been made over the years so that means lots of really fun guns to shoot.