The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 25, 2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Chaparral

Witt Machine & Tool co. Muzzle Brakes

Just wondering if anyone had any 1st hand experience using Witt Machine & Tool Co clamp on muzzle break.

https://www.wittmachine.net/custom-c...zle-brake.html
Old July 25, 2018, 04:50 PM   #2
cw308

Yes , I have a threaded custom muzzle that cost me 275 pluss 100 to install . My shooting friend found Witt Machine and I helped him order with the measurements , when it arrived we installed it at the range , it clamps to the barrel . I was Leary on the clamp on units but after seeing the brake , installing it on his barrel 308 Cal. it is rock solid ,two years now it hasn't moved. I would have gone with that brake if Iknew of the company six years ago .

The guy next to you at the bench will get hit with a blast of air after every shot , it will lower your recoil in half makes shooting very enjoyable . I wouldn't hesitate on the Witt Machine brake well made piece of steel . Hope I Helped .

Chris
Old July 25, 2018, 06:12 PM   #3
Chaparral

Yes, thanks for your response. I will be placing it on a Remington 40x in 300 Win Mag. It is has a stainless steel barrel. My only fear is marring the barrel when I clamp it on.
Old July 25, 2018, 07:19 PM   #4
cw308

When ordering I remember measuring down from the muzzle I can't remember the distance , it's whatever the brake goes the barrel . That diameter and the diameter at the muzzle . Their instructions are specific to your barrel . It fits over the barrel smoothly , it tightens down evenly , once it's on you wouldn't want to shoot with it off . It will feel lighter then a 308 . My friends 308 bolt action feels like a 223 . After you press the trigger and the round goes off you'll still be looking at your target not the guys target next to you . The brake comes in stainless , if you pull the trigger on the brake , let me know how you like it . Give them a call they'll answer all your worries . There a great company to deal with . Hope I Helped .
P.S. I'm the guy under your post , just got a bore scope , another fun tool to use . I just remembered , two years back I listed a post on this forum how much I liked the Witt Machine muzzle brake .

Chris

Last edited by cw308; July 25, 2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old July 25, 2018, 08:44 PM   #5
Chaparral

Thank you Chris! I'm going to order mine this week.
Old July 25, 2018, 09:09 PM   #6
cw308

You won't be sorry and you will enjoy shooting your win mag much better . Glad to help.
Old August 12, 2018, 10:07 AM   #7
Bfglowkey

Am late to the party on this one since you already ordered it but I am a very big fan of Witt and their products. I have a clamp on and a threaded for 2 of my rifles and both perform well above expectations...especially the clamp on. I might be a little wacky but not the only one who has said this ( you tube reviewer said the same thing of the clamp on) but after the small POI shift adjustments my groups have tightened up significantly on my 308 and my 6mm Creedmoor ( ya not necessary for the 6mm but it aids in reacquiring target and watching impacts ) One of the better brake designs I have seen out there.