The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old February 17, 2016, 09:09 PM   #1
JERRYS.

concealed carry with a tucked in shirt....

how do you do it?

I don't wear a tucked in shirt with shorts so ankle carry is an option.
I have small guns so pocket carry is an option.
I have "tuckable" IWB rigs so that is an option.

I ask because I've seen these IWB no belt required rigs sort of like a cross between a belly band and a thunder wear..... so your tucked in shirt actually looks tucked in.... independent of a belt.....

what methods do you use and why? pix are welcome if they show you using your chosen method.
Old February 17, 2016, 09:59 PM   #2
TXAZ

Take a look at the 5.11 covert undershirt. http://www.511tactical.com/holster-shirt.html

Cave illos in guns et backhoes
Old February 17, 2016, 10:09 PM   #3
JERRYS.

I have one, and I'm not crazy about how the shirt sags with a G26 in it or how I look like I have a tumor.... similar to a holster I tried to wear on my body armor..... I'd have to wear a really frumpy cover shirt...
Old February 17, 2016, 10:40 PM   #4
Doyle

I think the holster you may have been thinking about is the Smart Carry. I have one but normally don't need it because I prefer to pocket carry.
Old February 17, 2016, 10:45 PM   #5
AZkimber

Urban Carry Concealed

You might check this one out. I bought one and it does work well with a little practice.

http://urbancarryholsters.com/holste...ban-carry.html
Old February 17, 2016, 11:10 PM   #6
pax

Urban Carry fail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ywu6rIXXy4. Recommend against.

I've carried a Glock 26 in a tuckable IWB belt holster daily for more than 15 years now. The specific holster I use has varied over the years, but for the past couple-three years I've been using a Quick Cover from Custom Carry Concepts. It works well, leaving only a small kydex loop visible on the belt.

If even seeing the belt attachment is a no-go for you, the other rig I have worn and can strongly recommend is a modified tuckable LFI rig from Ted Blocker Holsters. This leather holster & belt combo includes a velcro backing on the belt and a matching velcro tab on the holster. The modification -- which you must request via phone call rather than via the web site -- allows your shirt to be tucked in neatly over the holstered gun. I wore that set up daily for more than two years and found it very comfortable and completely invisible.

If you choose to go with something that mounts to your body rather than to a belt, look first at Crossbreed's Modular Belly Band. This otherwise-classic belly band incorporates a genuine, solid holster that holds the gun securely and protects the trigger adequately. This provides a viable way to keep the gun reliably concealed without any of the serious safety drawbacks other soft, pliable products create.

pax
Old February 17, 2016, 11:15 PM   #7
pax

Oh, one more. I haven't worn this one myself (not built for it), but highly-competent friends of mine have worn and recommend the khaki colored dress pants from CCW Breakaways. They're a solid idea and work well in a variety of circumstances -- and they allow you to carry a much larger gun, more discreetly and with better quick access, than traditional pocket carry would allow.

pax
Attached Images
File Type: jpg khaki-ccw-breakaways.jpg (19.3 KB, 1112 views)
Old February 18, 2016, 12:06 AM   #8
JERRYS.

how about this style? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB6LiOIwztE

this is the IWB cross with a thunderwear thing I was talking about.... of course he is pimping his own product as he should, but has anyone had independent, non-bias experience? this looks like it might be the best way to go for tucked in shirt carry.
Old February 18, 2016, 12:12 AM   #9
hartcreek

Would this be simple enough for you.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot..._SEQ_104388480

ramius

That holster designed to shoot though the cutout is an redesign of an old standard that without the cutout requires a $200 tax stamp which was very popular for many decades.

Last edited by hartcreek; February 20, 2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old February 19, 2016, 09:48 AM   #10
Skans

The CCW Breakaway pants would be a good option for me; BUT, when I went on their website I noticed that everything is out of stock - all sizes, AND, they cost $85 for a pair of pants. Not too terrible, but considering this is what I wear 5 days a week, it gets pricey. Still, I wouldn't mind having 5 pair of the Khaki pants!

Last edited by Skans; February 19, 2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old February 20, 2016, 01:05 AM   #11
raimius

Why not just go with a "tuckable" IWB holster like a Crossbreed, Alien Gear, Comptac, or any of the other dozen plus similar makers?

Unless you are going for an extremely tailored look, I don't think they will be too difficult to use. You may need to practice how to tuck around the belt clips, but this is usually not terribly difficult to figure out.

...and that "holster" designed not to cover the trigger...well that's the dumbest thing I've seen all day!
Old February 20, 2016, 01:39 AM   #12
waveslayer

Galco tuk N Go holster works great. I use it with suits for work all the time
Old February 20, 2016, 05:12 PM   #13
Lee6113

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PIV...eywords=softuk

Try the Desantis Softuk. I carry my PPS all day in this. I only actually use the tuckable part when I'm in my work uniform (polo and slacks). I carry about 4 o'clock. I'll see about getting some photos to demonstrate.

What guns would you be looking to carry with your shirt tucked in? Is it for like dress-up occasions, or slacks and polo, or...?
Old February 20, 2016, 05:30 PM   #14
Spats McGee
Staff

Crossbreed Supertuck. I can tuck my shirt in over the gun. Yes, access will be slower. I don't like to have to wear a jacket through dinner, though.

Also, do you own a sport coat? When I wear khakis (known as "I don't have to wear a suit today"), I wear a navy blazer. At my age and in my line of work, it's almost "part of the uniform" and a great cover garment.

ETA: I want to try the CCW Breakaways, though.