The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old November 18, 2013, 01:57 AM   #1
the1mu

App Recommendation for Laws

I do a lot of traveling (in my car) and up to this point, I generally review and print off PDF's from handgunlaw.us for the states I'm visiting so that I can simply review them before I enter that state and put myself in the mindset regarding things like use of force, stand your ground, etc.

I have seen some apps (I have an iPhone) that claim to have all this info on your phone and I am interested. Every one of them is paid and before I go and buy, I was curious if anyone here has a recommendation on apps of this nature in general or if there are certain apps that are more accurate than others, etc.

Thanks for the input!
Old November 18, 2013, 11:25 AM   #2
jrwhitt

I have the CCW App from Workman Consulting on my iphone. It gets reasonably frequent updates and I haven't found any errors yet. It includes links directly to the State sites for verification (never depend on any non-official site !).

No ads - which is also a bonus.
Old November 19, 2013, 11:44 AM   #3
the1mu

Well, based on the overwhelming majority, I have decided to get the CCW app from Workman Consulting. It's nice that it is cheaper than a lot of the others and I do like how the post the actual laws, however I wish that in some sections they also posted a summary first so that I don't have to reread all the details for a refresher. But all in all a good app that fits the bill. Thanks jrwhitt!
Old November 19, 2013, 02:05 PM   #4
Tom Servo
Staff

Looks like a good app. Is this Workman as in Dave Workman?

Apple version is here.

Google version is here.
Old November 19, 2013, 04:44 PM   #5
southjk

I've been using Legal Heat and have been happy with it. I think it was free.
Old November 19, 2013, 07:58 PM   #6
mreaston

Legal Heat is great.

An excerpt from Updates to the App:

Quote:
02-19-13: Updated to reflect recent changes with the passage of the NY Safe Act and to clarify that New York continues to be one of the worst places on the planet to live.
Old November 20, 2013, 10:18 AM   #7
jrwhitt

App Recommendation for Laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1mu View Post
Well, based on the overwhelming majority, I have decided to get the CCW app from Workman Consulting. It's nice that it is cheaper than a lot of the others and I do like how the post the actual laws, however I wish that in some sections they also posted a summary first so that I don't have to reread all the details for a refresher. But all in all a good app that fits the bill. Thanks jrwhitt!
Glad I could help