Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old August 5, 2016, 03:53 PM   #101
OldMarksman
Staff

Pretty well answered in Posts 2 and 4.
Old August 5, 2016, 10:39 PM   #102
Brit

If you are carrying a decent pistol, as in 15 round magazine (Glock 19) with TruGlo sights, lends this pistol to accurate shots. 20m plus, I would want a possible bomber, down!

Tree or four rounds at the knees. I want him lying down, then head shots via ricochets, drop rounds 6" below the head, skip the rounds into the head/neck.

Plus drop a bomber to the ground, detonation sends half the shrapnel into the ground. Standing is the best position for the most damage. Hence drop them on the deck.
Old August 6, 2016, 03:21 PM   #103
briandg

Not very many people answered with go for the legs. I'd still go higher, go for the pelvis, and h ave a much larger target with the same results.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone suggesting the bullet bounce before, but I've wiped out a lot of rodents that way, but it's because I'm never really certain about making that hit on a mouse, aiming low on the belly doubles the size of the kill zone

That's a very interesting idea, letting the ground absorb the explosion, sending most of the resulting force upward, leaving only a fraction going outward going laterally, and the inverse square effect will cut that out with every yard it travels.

Interesting to think about.

Last edited by briandg; August 6, 2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old August 6, 2016, 03:37 PM   #104
manta49

Quote:
Tree or four rounds at the knees. I want him lying down, then head shots via ricochets, drop rounds 6" below the head, skip the rounds into the head/neck.
If you are good enough to hit him in the knees, why not just shoot him in the head. If you are also good enough to shoot 6 " low why not just aim six inches higher directly at the head. We are getting into fantasy now.

Last edited by manta49; August 6, 2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old August 6, 2016, 05:17 PM   #105
Glenn E. Meyer

This thread is starting to become ridiculous.

I'm calling it.

Closed.