The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old January 13, 2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Apom

BCM Gunfighter Mod 0 grip for SMALL hands?

Anyone have have experience with the grip and has small hands? Already posted on ar15.com forum. No responses.
Old January 13, 2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Xaak

I put a MOD 3 on my Windham Weaponry MPC. Installed because I have an EOTech HWS XPS2-0 and a G23 Magnifier and it made for an easy use around the system that sat back on the rail. The wife has small hands and said she felt that it was better to use. Even after pulling off the EOTech system and going back to a MAGPUL rear sight it was better for both of us. The small handle is not much different than the regular handle usually coming with this style rifle. I'm not sure it would make much of a difference except the lever part of the Gunfighter moves the bulk of the pull to the center of the charging handle for smoother operation.
Old January 13, 2013, 08:57 PM   #3
Apom

I was asking about the pistol grip lol.
Old January 17, 2013, 02:18 AM   #4
Apom

Guess not a very popular grip.
Old January 17, 2013, 01:19 PM   #5
J_Grimm

I want to get one due to the better angle, but BCM wouldn't sell me stuff unless I spent $60 so... Yeah... I have heard they are a little smaller...
Old January 17, 2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Xaak

I went with the MAGPUL grip, just seemed to be more ergonomic, has a nice textured feel and not so expensive in light of many things. Also, during this time where things are being bought at rapid pace, it is still readily available at shows and shops I have visited.
Old January 17, 2013, 04:33 PM   #7
J_Grimm

The magpul grip has a completely different angle. I have one of the moe+ grips but it doesn't work for my shooting style.
Old January 18, 2013, 05:31 PM   #8
Apom

Do you guys have small hands? I Just got a Ergo grip and it works pretty good. Don't think I can go any bigger.
Old January 19, 2013, 10:25 AM   #9
DnPRK

The USGI A1 grip is the smallest I've seen. Its basically an A2 grip without the finger bump and allows the hand to be positioned higher on the grip.
Old January 19, 2013, 04:24 PM   #10
Apom

Actually might pick up the MOE-K and try it out. Wish it had more grip work on the sides though. Look so....plain.