The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old July 3, 2001, 02:25 PM   #1
Point Blank

Target Knobs on Simmons

Got my Simmons .44 Mag 6.5x20x44 today in mail.There was no instructions on how to fiddle with the target knobs.The only other scope i ever had was the 3x9x32 that came on my Savage "Package Deal" 30-06.Is there any links out there that explains on how to use them??? Thanks so much!!! BTW...I know its no Lu or Nighty,but its a heckava lot better than what i had,except i dont know how to use her...yet!!!
Old July 5, 2001, 09:19 PM   #2
WalterGAII

Your target knobs work just the same as any other knobs, with the exception that they might move p.o.a. 1/8" at 100 yds, as opposed to 1/4" at 100 yds. If it's 1/8, then you move the knob eight clicks to get one inch movement at 100 yds; four clicks for 1/4 " @ 100 yds. It's just that simple. Nothing complicated at all.
Old July 5, 2001, 09:37 PM   #3
Point Blank

Thanks!!! I cannot wait to go to the range and try it out,looks like maybe Sat. morning.Just got a 8 week old German Shepard that is going thru boot camp,(housebreaking,sit,shake,etc.)and he is taking all my spare time...and then some!!! Thanks again!!!