The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 25, 2001, 06:00 PM   #1
Poohsdad

C-more, Reflex,or?

I am in the market for a combat use optical red dot sight. It's for a fixed handle AR and would absolutly love some input on this tonight. Whats good, bad or just perfect. 4 MOA or 6? Red, green or ? color dot? Thanks guys, Pooh
Old June 26, 2001, 08:51 AM   #2
LIProgun

Take a long, serious look at the Aimpoint Comp ML-XD, or the newer ML2. The ML-XD is essentially the same as the M-XD (except for the lack of the night vision settings), which is also know as the M68 Combat Optic and is in use by the US military. The ML2 reportedly has even a longer battery life than the XD series.

Talking with those who see lots of guns and equipment subjected to heavy use indicates that the C-More sights are okay for gun games, but not for serious work.

- Leonidas of Sparta, 480 B.C.
Old June 28, 2001, 02:28 PM   #3
Lightfighter

I like the Trijicon Refles II the best. I would take it over the aimpoint we are issued in the army and I would certainly take it over a C-more.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
www.Lightfighter.com
Old July 1, 2001, 01:10 AM   #4
M Gruber

Aimpoint!

I have the Aimpoint CompML-XD on my flat-top carbine with 3 MOA. I love it.
I think the "battery issue" goes as far as this: Yes...Aimpoint has a battery. So what.
I shut it down when I'm done.....turn it on when as soon as my mag locks in. I slap steel all day at 400-600 with it (.223) and should it ever suddenly fail me a flick of the thumb on the ARMS Swan and I've got no problem with iron sights
Buddy of mine had his Reflex fail him. The entire housing had come loose.....not a loose screw....he suddenly couldn't even find the paper. He used an Aimpoint the remainder of the week and has decided to stay with it.
The Aimpoint is one tough optic.
The Industry's only 10 year warranty says something.

M Gruber