The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 1, 2010, 08:39 AM   #1
Rig Magician

Smartrelaoder Tumblers

Has anyone used or heard of these tumblers? I can order one from SPG and usea gift a card that I have from work to get it. Are they and good?
Mark
Old March 1, 2010, 11:41 AM   #2
Unclenick
Staff

Never heard of them. Can you put a link in to the page with the tumbler? A lot of them are OEM and someone may recognize it as a more familiar brand relabeled or with different colored plastic?
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old March 1, 2010, 06:04 PM   #3
Rig Magician

Here is the link to the smart reloader tumbler. I tried to search for it last night, It is a Europiean reloading company. I found one artical where they said the motor was tested for over 700Hrs streight. It shows to have a very large bowl and can hadel 1200
.223 cases at one time.
Mark

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=606302
Old March 1, 2010, 06:19 PM   #4
Unclenick
Staff

It looks similar in size to the big Dillon, here. The price, after SG gets its S&H charges added in, may be about the same? Dillon does no-questions-asked repair or replacement for a lifetime, so, personally, I'd put my money with them first. That said, neither unit publishes its motor power consumption on the web, so there's no way to know how that compares?
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old March 1, 2010, 09:06 PM   #5
Don H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclenick
Dillon does no-questions-asked repair or replacement for a lifetime, so, personally, I'd put my money with them first.
Only kinda-sorta. The electrical and electronic components - the ones that are most likely to fail - are only warranted for a year. From the specifications of the linked tumbler:
Quote:
All the electrical/electronic components of Dillon equipment are covered by a one-year warranty from date of purchase.
Old March 1, 2010, 09:08 PM   #6
plainsman456

For the price I bought 2.If they crap out you are not out much money.
They work pretty good.
Old March 1, 2010, 09:49 PM   #7
Rig Magician

Thanks for the info. I does look like the Dillon. I can get it for 130 from SG so I may do that. It is the last thing I need other that primers and powder OH and a bench to start reloading.
Old March 1, 2010, 11:59 PM   #8
jimkim

$130.00 Holy crap! If your going to spend that much get a Thumbler's Tumbler. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...853&id=0003101

I'd buy it here first. http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...047VBSR0052001 $29.95 is always better than $130.00. Don't be surprised when it turns out to be junk. I bought a replacement bowl from Grafs. The wing-nut came apart. It was made of pot-metal.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:24 AM   #9
k9cougar

"I'd buy it here first. http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.co...047VBSR0052001 $29.95 is always better than $130.00." This is tempting. They say the capacity if 600 9mm. How long do you think it would take to get a decent polish? 1-2 hours, 3-4 hours, 4-6? longer? Kind of new to reloading and don't own one myself.
Old March 2, 2010, 12:25 AM   #10
Rig Magician

Jim,
The thumblers are nice. and i may try to get it there. I am just not sure if my card will work there. I know it works a SG. I think it works at Cabelas also I am not sure. It is a gift card from overseas so I run into billing address problems. All the Smartreloader that I showed is also 134$ at midsouth. It is the jumbo.
Mark
Old March 2, 2010, 11:38 AM   #11
mrawesome22

I received a SmartReloader pamphlet with my last Graf's order. They have an electronic powder dispenser that looks nice, but I've never heard much about this company. The front of the pamphlet says "Swiss Engineered, Italian Designed." There are many grammatical errors in the translation in the pamphlet. I'd probably wait till more reviews of this stuff come out before ordering.
Old March 2, 2010, 11:47 AM   #12
jimkim

Quote:
I received a SmartReloader pamphlet with my last Graf's order. They have an electronic powder dispenser that looks nice, but I've never heard much about this company. The front of the pamphlet says "Swiss Engineered, Italian Designed." There are many grammatical errors in the translation in the pamphlet. I'd probably wait till more reviews of this stuff come out before ordering.
Here's a link to a thread you might want to read.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=76123

If they can't even make a good wingnut, I'll pass on their other products.
Old March 2, 2010, 11:57 AM   #13
mrawesome22

Thanks Jim. Guess I'm just gonna have to break down and get the RCBS unit.