The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 29, 2017, 02:08 PM   #1
rpseraph

Olight PL-Mini

I have been looking for a high-output small size weapon light for my XDM Compact (roughly Glock 26 size). I think Olight has the solution for me! It is in the mail on the way, got it for $60 on Black Friday. Thanks to Sootch00 and Mrgunsngear for the heads up on the deal!

- It is smaller than a TLR-4 so it shouldn't stick way out in front of muzzle
- 400 lumens for such a small light is pretty amazing compared to competitive options.
- Rechargeable battery. Could be good or bad... can't just throw in a fresh battery, but at the same time you can 'top it off' without having to replace it.
- QD mount. Maybe have the downside of sticking out a bit, we'll see what holster manufacturers come up with. Could be nice to move between weapons.

Anyone have one of these already?

Full report and some pictures will follow when it arrives (though it may have to go under the tree for Christmas)

Product: https://www.olightstore.com/olight-pl-mini

Last edited by rpseraph; November 29, 2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old November 30, 2017, 08:44 PM   #2
ZEBRARANGER

I have an Olight M20SX (820 lumen) tactical light mounted on my CX4 carbine. Its a couple of years old and its been perfect. Prior to that I had purchased the predecessor to the M20 (600 Lumens) and its been functioning fine for the last 8 years or so. I think they make a fine product.
Old November 30, 2017, 11:14 PM   #3
Double Naught Spy

Pretty neat. I had not see the little light. I really like the size. The rechargeable battery is a problem for me in that I don't see where the battery can be replaced and I would guess it is proprietary. So when the battery dies, you have to send the light back for repair?

Otherwise, I do like the rechargeable aspect, particularly via USB. That is really nifty.
Old December 1, 2017, 09:16 AM   #4
rpseraph

Rechargeable via a magnet on the bottom of the light actually! Even better. I have several olight products and they've been awesome. I EDC an Olight S1R baton. The non-replaceable battery is definitely an issue, but it is also a light I won't likely be recharging too often, unlike my EDC light.
Old January 13, 2018, 09:01 PM   #5
rpseraph

Lots of pictures!

I am loving the light, controls are intuitive, SUPER bright, fits great on the gun. Nice to know the battery is topped off too. I am still waiting on a holster (not a LOT of companies are making them for XDM compacts with PL-MINIs, haha.