The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old January 6, 1999, 02:20 PM   #1
Michael Merriken

On February 6 and 7, Kevin and Hilton Yam will be teaching a two-day Defensive Against Edged Weapons Class in Atlanta, GA. The class will be held in the Bujinkan Atlanta Dojo. This is Bud Malmstrum's dojo (he is one of the best in the country in the Bujinkan style) and he too will be participating in the class. This will be a rare opportunity to train with several efficient and highly skilled knife practitioners. This will be a high-speed, low drag class so be prepared to work hard. Wear comfortable clothing and footwear. A separate list of additional training equipment will be forwarded to participants upon receipt of payment. Kevin occasionally brings a few of his wears to sell so bring your checkbook as well! The classes will be from 9-5 on both days (Kevin said he would go longer if we hold up!!). The cost of the class is $300 and we can accept up to 20 students. I already have 15 paid students so sign up today!!

Send a check made out to "MDK" for $300 and send to:

Michael Merriken
1476 Watsons Place
Lawrenceville, GA 30043

I will use post-mark dates on the envelopes to determine who has first choice. For those of you who are coming from out of town, I can email a list of local inexpensive but clean hotels.

See you in Atlanta,

Michael

Old January 6, 1999, 02:30 PM   #2
Rob Pincus

Looks like Rich and I are going, hopefully we are included in your 15.

See you there, Mike!

------------------
-Essayons
Old January 6, 1999, 03:12 PM   #3
Rich Lucibella
Staff

I know Harry won't mind a bit of advertisement for a colleague like Kevin.

For those of you unaware of Mr. McClung's expertise in knife design, creation and function, you are referred to http://www.mdenterprise.com/ .

For those of you who are not familiar with Kevin, Hilton and Kathy as EW trainers, the seminar is a must. Hope to see some familiar faces.

As for the ever travelling Mr. Humphries, Hilton and I hope to put a group together for his EW course in the next few weeks. What more could you ask? McClung et al on the East Coast and GSGI and Co on the west coast!
Rich Lucibella
Old January 13, 1999, 06:09 PM   #4
Harry Humphries
Staff Alumnus

Kevin, AKA, "Mad Daug", McClung is a premier guy and knowledgeable instructor and producer in the edged community. You bet I would advise attending his program.

We base our programs on aggregate knowledge gained by attending and studying under premier instructors like Kevin - he has a lot to offer.
Old January 15, 1999, 08:24 PM   #5
MAD DOG

Thanks, Harry. Your acknowledgement means a LOT to me.
I too, learn wherever and whenever I can.
Perhaps someday we could do a joint GSGI/Mad Dog presentation in the west coast area.
Just keep a muzzle on Denny. He scares me...

Old January 15, 1999, 08:32 PM   #6
Rich Lucibella
Staff

I'm there!
Rich