The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old October 9, 2020, 11:57 AM   #26
dyl

Quote:
dyl, from what you're written it sounds like you're trying to keep the same powder and powder charge for the same regardless of bullet weight. There are plenty of powders in load manuals that will handle all the bullet weights typical of that caliber. But you damn well better change the powder charge - reducing it for heavier bullets - or the gun will kaboom.
Thanks for the concern, I do vary the powder charge when changing projectile weights. I try to keep the same powders whenever working up a new pistol caliber or bullet weight (when appropriate), just hoping an accurate load can be had without complicating things further.
Old October 9, 2020, 05:20 PM   #27
Double K

Wouldn't the tapered case of the 9mm luger help in extraction?

My favorite 9mm, gets good at 6 minutes into the video.
If you ever get a chance to shoot a MP5 don't pass it up, it's simply one of the most ergonomic guns ever made, makes almost anyone look like pro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-Ure4W8sE