The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 8, 2009, 11:22 AM   #26
Sevens

Quote:
First Stevens I was completely joking, at that time you had given me one of the few helpful posts, I was actually using sarcasm, I will refrain from doing so in the future so that we dont have this mixup in the future. Again I wanted to affirm the fact that you specifically have helped me alot and I am greatfull.
No problem.

Check these out:

When you add a smiley, everyone "gets it."
As a matter of fact, you car really get away with a LOT when you toss in a smiley. Keeps it light, sends the sarcasm in line and nobody gets confused.

Cool.
Old January 8, 2009, 01:17 PM   #27
wncchester

"I believe the OP has a 6.5x52mm Mannlicher-Carcano."

For THAT he needs a manual?

Last edited by wncchester; January 8, 2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old January 11, 2009, 11:25 PM   #28
pmeisel

I had about 10 reloading manuals before I moved, including most of those discussed above. Misplaced or lost, somehow.

The two I am replacing are the Lyman (already here) and Lee's modern reloading. They are all good, but those two cover all the necessary territory as far as I am concerned. ABC's is also very useful if you are new, or changing something in your technique (e.g. moving from pistol to rifle, jacket to cast, radically different calibers, etc.).
Old January 12, 2009, 12:05 PM   #29
wncchester

"Dont all manuals have more than just tables? I feel like flaming but I will hold my tongue."

Flame away, my butt's fire proof, I know what I'm talking about! If you know more about your question's answer than we, why bother asking?

Sure, all manuals have more info than just loading tables. Mostly. But they aren't duplicates and each has strengths so we say none are bad and all are good and everybody ought to have more than one. That makes sense to us if not you, and we have the experience to back our opinons up!

Lyman happens to have a broader info base AND data than most others. But, does that make it the "best"? Sorta. But not always. Depends. ???