The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old October 23, 1999, 05:14 PM   #1
TOMBSTONE

I'am, considering getting a Surefire Forend mounted light for my Remington 870 police.I have a couple of questions I need answers to before I make the purchase.First off will this Surefire forend light interfere with my Tacstar sidesaddle mounted shell holder?This shell holder does not interfere with the current factory stock thats on it.Can the surefire light detach from the forend or is it permantly molded into the forend part of the stock.About how long do these 6v lithium batteries last and do they leak acid like regular batteries do possibly ruining the flashlight?Is this something that a gunsmith should mount or is this forend replacement procedure as easy as when I mounted my sidesaddle shell holder?Thanks in advance,RS
Old October 23, 1999, 07:47 PM   #2
TOMBSTONE

Thanks for the info,RS