The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 21, 2019, 07:27 AM   #26
J.G. Terry

I'm going to trust an insurance company to pay cost after the fact? Good luck. Thinking this will happen, reimbursement, is a dream from Cloud Cuckoo land. All the do-do house lawyer stuff will land in the outhouse sump. This insurance goes along with hats, knives from China and cheap range bags. How would you bet on disputed legal fees and the like?
Old November 21, 2019, 07:05 PM   #27
1MoreFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.G. Terry View Post
I'm going to trust an insurance company to pay cost after the fact? Good luck. Thinking this will happen, reimbursement, is a dream from Cloud Cuckoo land. All the do-do house lawyer stuff will land in the outhouse sump. This insurance goes along with hats, knives from China and cheap range bags. How would you bet on disputed legal fees and the like?
Isn't that what you are doing with medical, dental, automobile, homeowner's/renter's and nearly all other insurance? If you're rich enough to pay for all of it on your on then congrats on your prosperity.
Old November 21, 2019, 07:34 PM   #28
J.G. Terry

First up: I apologize as my comments were not aimed at anybody who has posted here. No offense was intended.

1MoreFord: Right, I do have medical insurance. The coverage for services is very specific. There are certain standards that must be met. I do not pay upfront. With Medicare these things are more certain. Evidently, you have never negotiated a settlement for a claim with an insurance company. You will have a wake up call in your future. It would help to have some documented evidence of claims being paid on policies being discussed in this tread. What really happens would be helpful.

Also, I have a bias against analogies. These things tend to derail threads. We start with a a certain topic and end up talking about toaster ovens.