The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old November 22, 2018, 12:25 PM   #1
Dobe

Any Live for the Bren 2?

I’m really impressed with what I have read, and may pick up one in mid to late 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old November 22, 2018, 12:35 PM   #2
2wheelwander

Waiting for the .308

Gotta have one.
Old November 23, 2018, 12:10 AM   #3
armoredman

The BREN 2 is a really awesome rifle from everything I have read. One thing - it is not a down sized BREN 805, but almost a brand new rifle internally and externally. It's lighter and features a non reciprocating bolt handle and multiple bolt releases. A few pistol versions were released early, but they are not the exact same as the production model due sometime early 2019. The Battle Rifle, the BREN BR in .308 probably won't be here until 2020, but everyone I have talked to who has actually held one is impressed. I know one guy who said this is the first semi auto rifle that he MUST have. The BR checks about every box I could possibly want in a hunting/all purpose rifle, but the price tag is likely to be FAR to high for this state slave. The BREN 2 is for sale in the Czech Republic right now for roughly $2400 US, and the experts I discussed things with think the BREN BR may come in scratching the $3K barrier.
Looking forward to selling enough blood plasma to buy a regular 5.56mm BREN 2 next year, maybe.
Old November 23, 2018, 09:19 AM   #4
Dobe

Any Live for the Bren 2?

Sounds like a SCAR killer. The 17s is nice. If the Bren 2 can shoot in the realm of 1 moa with quality ammo, it could be a contender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old December 2, 2018, 09:51 PM   #5
cannonfire

Quote:
Sounds like a SCAR killer. The 17s is nice. If the Bren 2 can shoot in the realm of 1 moa with quality ammo, it could be a contender.
With what I've heard and seen from videos, the Bren 2 is going to be special. But for it to compete on the CIVILIAN market, it is going to have to beat the Scar 17 in price by several hundred dollars. I know i've wanted a 17 for a long time but at $3200+ I can't justify that buy. A Bren 2 at $2500? I can skip a meal or two for a firearm like that. But if it comes in at the $3000 mark, I don't think they are going to sell in any large quantities