The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Semi-automatics

Old February 6, 2023, 08:17 PM   #1
Logs

IWI Galil ACE 308 one shot wonder

EDIT 2/10/23..... Call IWI sending it back in for them to look at it. I cleaned it and made sure it was back together correctly. Took to indoor range and same issue won't eject....

Picked up a Galil ACE a few months ago and just found the time to try it out yesterday. I was using a Magpul magazine and Winchester White Box 7.62 ammo. Gun fires and bolt comes part of the way back, but case will not eject it. When I pull the handle back the empty case goes flying so I would think the extractor is okay. I took a video with my cell phone and you can see the bolt only come back about half of the way.

I reviewed the FAQ's on their website and one cause could be cleaning so I cleaned it up and will try again on Thursday. All the parts look fine I can't see anything that would be obvious.

Last edited by Logs; February 10, 2023 at 06:53 AM.
Old February 20, 2023, 10:24 AM   #2
Logs

Got a call from IWI and my rifle had a KNS adjustable piston installed so easy fix. Can't wait to get my rifle back and get back to the range.
Old February 20, 2023, 12:05 PM   #3
MC 1911

I'm curious..was it in there when you bought the rifle or did they install it?
Old February 21, 2023, 08:36 AM   #4
Logs

Bought it used at a local shop for $1,200 with one mag. Waited a month to shoot it and couldn't get it to run. I cleaned it and it looked like a normal gas tube, but I thought is was not getting enough gas. Couldn't see any adjustments myself and everything on youtube shows is working great. I can say IWI customer service is TOP Notch. They have called me 4 times with updates and walked me through what they were looking at. Trying to get a factory piston just in case.
Old February 21, 2023, 08:46 AM   #5
MC 1911

I agree it's not getting enough gas which is why I asked about the KNS piston. No need for that in the Galil. Stick with the factory stuff & you shouldn't have any problems!