The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old July 16, 2001, 02:46 PM   #26
David Wile

Hey folks,

I have two AR-15s (one in .223 and one in 7.62X39), three SKS rifles, a Ruger Mini 30, a Swedish Lunjdman in 6.5X55, and three M1 Garands. There may be another semi-auto there too, but right now I cannot remember. In any case, I have no small base sizing dies. All of the above work just fine with the regular FL sizing dies. The two AR-15s both have heavy target barrels.

Best wishes,
Dave Wile
Old July 16, 2001, 08:37 PM   #27
pwiz

I have been using a Reading S FL die with a neck bushing and have had no problems in my match Kriegger barrel AR. I don't see the need of a small base die unless the chamber is cut too tight.

pwiz
Old July 16, 2001, 11:32 PM   #28
Willy

MIKE14,

I checked on the spring question and there are two springs, one for the solid stock and one for the collapsing stock.

After reading your question though, if you swapped the collapsing stock out, then you swapped the buffer tube as well. If you did that, I don't think that you put the collapsing stock spring in the solid stock buffer tube with the solid stock buffer. If you did, you need to make sure the solid stock spring is in there, not the collapsing stock spring.