The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 6, 2007, 05:48 PM   #1
wwh

feed problems with CS9

I bought my CS9 new and have had problems with Federal Hydra-Shok and Speer Gold Dot hollow points hitting the end of the feeding ramp and jamming the action. Full metal jacket ammo seems to work fine. Is this a common problem with S&W? I like the gun otherwise. Should I send the gun back or are there brands of hollow point ammo out there that will work with this gun?
Old April 6, 2007, 06:06 PM   #2
Jason_G

Is it the 9mm or the .45? If it's the .45ACP, there exists an expanding FMJ that will probably feed (the reason for its existence is the notorious inability of some .45's to digest JHP's). I haven't seen this kind of ammo in 9mm, though.

Jason
Old April 6, 2007, 06:09 PM   #3
wwh

It's the 9MM
Old April 6, 2007, 06:23 PM   #4
whitebb

Sounds like polishing the feed ramp is in order. My CS45 eats everything without care to what it is.
Old April 6, 2007, 08:21 PM   #5
rdebert

Had to have the feed ramp polished on my 908S to solve a similar issue. Took a gunsmith just a few minutes (and he didn't charge me) to do it. Solved the problem and have not had a single failure of any kind since.