The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 13, 2019, 10:22 AM   #26
jr24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJim View Post
Milt Sparks Summer Special II. It's the gold standard. I've carried the one below for years. And it has a sweat shield. Brownell's usually has one in stock.

My problem with the Milk Sparks SS2 (used one for years) is where I carry the belt loops aren't stiff enough to keep the gun from canting forward when I bend over, causing a bulge and requiring an adjustment occasionally, which of course is bad for concealment. Good comfort though.

The steel spring clip of the Vedder keeps the gun right where it needs to be all day no problem, but after 6 months or so I tend to wear out the clip and have to buy a new one (for $6, I keep a number of spares).

Tradeoffs I guess.
Old June 18, 2019, 05:33 PM   #27
Rinspeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24
My problem with the Milk Sparks SS2 (used one for years) is where I carry the belt loops aren't stiff enough to keep the gun from canting forward when I bend over, causing a bulge and requiring an adjustment occasionally, which of course is bad for concealment. Good comfort though.

The steel spring clip of the Vedder keeps the gun right where it needs to be all day no problem, but after 6 months or so I tend to wear out the clip and have to buy a new one (for $6, I keep a number of spares).

After the SS this is my next favorite IWB, designed by one of the best and a true gentleman, that we lost several years ago, Lou Alessi. If you like the concept of a clip you should consider one, mine is still on the original clip after 15 years. Skip worked with Lou for quite a few years.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/catal...0004/nighthawk
Old June 18, 2019, 08:12 PM   #28
jr24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinspeed View Post
After the SS this is my next favorite IWB, designed by one of the best and a true gentleman, that we lost several years ago, Lou Alessi. If you like the concept of a clip you should consider one, mine is still on the original clip after 15 years. Skip worked with Lou for quite a few years.

http://www.ritchieholsters.com/catal...0004/nighthawk
Thank you, I may just have to heck them out.
Old June 21, 2019, 09:33 AM   #29
GE-Minigun

Hidden Hybrid