The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 9, 2020, 12:01 PM   #51
jman841

I found some on lawmens.com in stock. Picked up 2 12 round mags, was $87 after shipping. Not great, but not terrible either, still better than MSRP.
Old July 9, 2020, 03:30 PM   #52
jman841

I redact my last statement.

After putting 10+1 rounds in the sig vs. the LCP II with 6+1, these are two totally different firearms.

The weight difference is massive.

Glad I have both now as in a small, light, sneaky pete holster or in my pocket the much less weight of the LCP II is totally different than the much heavier P365. I guess size doesn't tell the whole story.
Old July 16, 2020, 11:49 AM   #53
jman841

Got the P365 to the range today, was very pleased.

While I still don't love the trigger, the creep feels like a 3 stage trigger (Creep bump 1, creep bump 2, bang) The sights are amazing, recoil is very tame given it's small weight and size, it fits my hands well, and I was shooting it almost as well as my Glock 19.

Very pleased with my selection!
Old July 16, 2020, 04:26 PM   #54
wild cat mccane

On paper the G19, P365, and LCP are all close-ish.

Each is a galaxy away from the other in size.

Take a look at my P365 vs my LCP. Almost no difference. Yet incredibly different. G19 to P365? That's not the same category at all.

Someone mentioned the nice front night sight on the Hellcat. Must not know the P365 comes standard with the front AND back night sights

(no, the silver slide P365 non night sight version doesn't count as the price difference is one magazine and the silver slide only comes with one)

Last edited by wild cat mccane; July 16, 2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old July 16, 2020, 05:09 PM   #55
jman841

For sure, Although I was incredibly surprised as to how close the P365 is in size compared with my LCP 2. I would say the P365 and LCP 2 are much closer in size than the P365 is with the G19.

I still have yet to shoot a Glock 43x, would love to try one out.

But, I'm very happy with the Sig. Looking back on it, I wish I had purchased the Sig first as I probably would not have purchased the LCP 2 after getting it to the range and comparing the two side by side.

Anyways, the purpose of my last post was to say that the P365 is an incredible shooter for it's size. Given how much smaller it is compared with my Glock 19, I was very impressed with my groups at 15 yards and they were not much larger than my groups with the Glock.
Old July 17, 2020, 10:02 AM   #56
wild cat mccane

I disagree with comments that the P365 trigger isn't good. It's pretty much the bee's knees by my estimation. Once take up is take up the first time, reset is fast and tactical. I would rank it near the PPQ.

Never hear an XDm being mentioned in top triggers...so I'll have to check out the Hellcat if people are saying it has a better trigger than the P365.

Either way, I think you made the best choice
Old July 17, 2020, 10:09 AM   #57
TunnelRat

9mm Sub-Compact Carry Gun Selection

I have a P365 XL. The trigger on mine isn’t in the same camp as the PPQs I’ve owned. Even after hundreds of rounds the trigger press is basically this: slack to a pseudo wall, creep for an appreciable distance, a second actual wall, the break (more of a rolling break), and a little over travel. The reset is fairly positive though a bit longer than other striker fired pistols I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TunnelRat; July 17, 2020 at 10:34 AM.
Old July 17, 2020, 11:48 AM   #58
jman841

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunnelRat View Post
I have a P365 XL. The trigger on mine isn’t in the same camp as the PPQs I’ve owned. Even after hundreds of rounds the trigger press is basically this: slack to a pseudo wall, creep for an appreciable distance, a second actual wall, the break (more of a rolling break), and a little over travel. The reset is fairly positive though a bit longer than other striker fired pistols I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exactly how mine is as well.

It feels similar to my glock trigger with the 3.5 lb connector. Lots of creep.

I have the 5.5 lb connector with all polished internals on my Glock right now and it has a very defined wall and crisp break. Although it's not the lightest pull on the planet, it's about the same weight as the P365 pull on a trigger gauge, but, much more crisp.

Reset on both are excellent.
Old July 17, 2020, 03:26 PM   #59
wild cat mccane

That is so weird.

Huh. Just tried it again...no false wall on mine. Straight to hard wall and smooth break.

Hum...interesting variation.
Old July 27, 2020, 06:00 PM   #60
SwissArmyTenor

I carried a Glock 43 for a few years, recently switched to the Sig P365. The Glock was great, but I do better with the thicker grip on the P365. I carried the Glock with an angled extension that gave it 7 rounds. The Sig is said to carry 10, but I can only get 9 in. Maybe I'll go back at some point to see if things have loosened up, any. Still, I've got 2 extra rounds.
Old July 28, 2020, 09:12 AM   #61
jman841

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissArmyTenor View Post
I carried a Glock 43 for a few years, recently switched to the Sig P365. The Glock was great, but I do better with the thicker grip on the P365. I carried the Glock with an angled extension that gave it 7 rounds. The Sig is said to carry 10, but I can only get 9 in. Maybe I'll go back at some point to see if things have loosened up, any. Still, I've got 2 extra rounds.
If you have a UpLula mag loader, you can get the 10th in pretty easily. Def can be tough without a mag loader though.
Old July 29, 2020, 01:45 PM   #62
SwissArmyTenor

I have one - was still way to much effort. I'm sure there are small variances, as there always are, even between products of the same model. I decided that discretion was the better part of valor, and decided not to push my luck, haha.

(I once had a SAR K2 in .45 that when the mag was filled to capacity it was a jammomatic, but when loaded 1 down, ran like a top)

I do need to go back (it has been months, now) and see of the spring has loosened.
Old July 29, 2020, 10:15 PM   #63
Ramiaqrabawi

I would always go with glock. To me it has to be the most reliable gun in the market. S&W would be my second choice

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old July 29, 2020, 10:25 PM   #64
44caliberkid

I tried a Glock 43 and a S&W Shield side by side at the range. I found both to be equally accurate and the triggers were both acceptable. The S&W magazines were harder to load with ammunition, but I still picked the Shield because the mag release button was an easier reach. I found both these pistols pretty equal in all respects and the Shield just edged the Glock out, for me personally.
Old July 29, 2020, 10:28 PM   #65
Ramiaqrabawi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44caliberkid View Post
I tried a Glock 43 and a S&W Shield side by side at the range. I found both to be equally accurate and the triggers were both acceptable. The S&W magazines were harder to load with ammunition, but I still picked the Shield because the mag release button was an easier reach. I found both these pistols pretty equal in all respects and the Shield just edged the Glock out, for me personally.
My everyday CCW is glock 43 with a +2 extended mag. It's a great gun

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old July 29, 2020, 10:28 PM   #66
Seven High

Rodfac: I like the look of the holster you use for your 365. What brand and model is it?
Old August 9, 2020, 07:57 PM   #67
Fish23

I just picked up my sig P290rs and love it. It is old, but still works like a charm.
Old August 12, 2020, 11:03 AM   #68
rodfac

Home made, Seven....8oz leather with a pigskin liner...rides high on the belt in the 4 o'clock position....thx for the compliment. Sons and I have been building out own for over 30 yrs now...started out fixing tack used with our horses...Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old August 13, 2020, 06:44 PM   #69
elsancudo

If you buy a Taurus G3C, change the striker guide & recoil assembly to the stainless ones. Turns it into a high end handgun. My G2S handguns shoot beautifully modded that way.
Old August 19, 2020, 02:43 AM   #70
ftttu

I traded-in my G43, which I've been carrying since they were released, for a Sig P365 XL this last weekend at a gun show. I hate to say it, but its aesthetics, its maker and overwhelming positive reviews on youtube sold me.

I recently was siting my rife in at the range, and after having done so, I decided to shoot up my 3 full magazines of +P carry ammo. I normally have fired regular range ammo through it, but have fired a few mags of the good stuff over the years to know where and how it shot with it. For some reason, I just wasn't happy with the experience after this range outing.

I still haven't taken it to the range, but I'm hoping I have a better experience with the Sig. I have strapped it on, and I can say the longer slide is a slight issue. I don't remember the weight of a loaded G43 with a +1 mag extender, but the Sig appeared to be noticeably heavier. We'll see how everything goes once I get shoot a few boxes though it and get qualified to carry it. So, I can't recommend it yet, but it is a pistol to look into.