The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old August 10, 1999, 09:08 PM   #1
Cawdor

Has anybody tried EEZOX? What do you think of it?
Old August 10, 1999, 11:12 PM   #2
swifter...

Its a pretty good lube.
That said - and they may well have changed the formula - I won't use it anymore.
The last time I used it, perhaps 10 years ago now, I got these funny growths on my fingers and hands, sort of like the less pleasant aspects of a callus and a wart.
Quit using that stuff, they went away. Tried it again, damn things cropped up again. EEsox went in the trash pronto.
Try rubber gloves if you use it!

------------------
The Bill of Rights, and the Golden Rule are enough for civilized behavior. The rest is window dressing. Shoot carefully, swifter...

Old August 11, 1999, 11:01 PM   #3
mhannah1

I bought a bottle of EEZOX the other day on the reccomendation of my local gun shop.
After reading the label at the gun shop,(and being concerned over the toxicity of the ingredients) I asked the guy at the counter if he had ever used it personally, and if he wore gloves when he did.
He told me they had been using it for years on every gun that came thru the shop, and in fact he said his hands were covered with it at the time. Well, I bought the EEZOX, but I wouldnt use it without rubber gloves, or without adequate ventelation. I havent had enough time to acertain its effectiveness as a lubricant, but I think that everybody should wear rubber gloves during any cleaning/lubrication of any gun with any cleaner/lubricant, since exposure to lead, gunpowder, chenicals in the cleaner/lubricants MAY POSE A HEALTH HAZARD.
Old August 13, 1999, 12:00 AM   #4
Nakano

Greetings all. First, I believe it is safe to say that a "does all" product in fact does not do all. At least not very well.

I' ve tried eezox and can recommend it as a fine preservative, especially on cutlery blades. It only does a fair job in cleaning in my firearms. But if saving space and weight is a high priority such as when travelling and going into the woods, then I wouldn' t hesitate to grab a bottle of Eezox. Ah, a nice distinctive aroma too. Wouldn' t you all agree??

L8r,
Nakano