The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 14, 2017, 03:51 PM   #1
bjones870

What ak mags?!?

So I've been looking for some good quality, surplus metal magainzes for my AK47. Some sites say some are good, and another site bashes the same magazine. Anybody have REAL WORLD experience with them? Training, and lots of rounds through a certain surplus magazine? I've been looking at Korean, but read they're really thin. Anybody have any advice? I've also read Polish is good stuff.

To be ready, mentally and physically for what ever scenario arises, provides the best sleep at night I've ever gotten.
Old February 14, 2017, 04:10 PM   #2
HistoryJunky

I've used Polish and Yugoslavia. Both work pretty good, but I haven't put thousands of rounds through them. I admit the reviews have kept me away from trying the Korean mags.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old February 14, 2017, 04:23 PM   #3
bjones870

Well I just ordered 3 polish mags from Aim surplus. I'm gonna run them hard for a few weeks and post a review on YouTube. It seem a like all the guys posting reviews just open the box and talk about them. Hardly seems like a real review to me.

To be ready, mentally and physically for what ever scenario arises, provides the best sleep at night I've ever gotten.
Old February 14, 2017, 04:38 PM   #4
smee78

I have also had good luck with the Yugoslav and Polish mags no complaints about them (love the 20 rounders). I did buy a few of the 20round Korean mags, the reviews I have read were pretty positive but the finish is real thin and scratches easy. I havent shot with them yet but they do feel like a little lighter material was used when making them. They have function checked fine and locked in good in my rifles but will wait till I go shooting to pass judgement.
Old March 5, 2017, 07:26 AM   #5
peggysue

Yugo mags have a last round hold open. My favorite.

Last edited by peggysue; March 8, 2017 at 12:52 AM.
Old March 7, 2017, 02:58 PM   #6
boesman82

I don't use any Korean ones. After getting one of their drum magazines which is a jammomatic compared to my Romy and Chinese ones. Yugo makes good mag but the last round hold open is a piece of crap since the bolt slams it forward and down into the mag.
Old March 10, 2017, 12:04 PM   #7
Cope's Dist

I have been hearing great reviews...

and getting a lot of 2nd and 3rd orders from people on our new production Bulgarian Steel 30rd Mags. We have sold thousands of them now.
Here is a link, if you would like to know a little more: http://www.copesdistributing.com/bul...39-p-5987.html

There are customer reviews in the review box on the page.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Geri @ Cope's

www.copesdistributing.com