The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old September 17, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1
Tactical Jackalope

Pranks that make you fear for your life.

I have to wonder what the repercussion would be if you were to react to this man playing this prank with a chainsaw that runs around chasing people with the motor running and revving.

Please, keep from the chest thumping and claims of "I'd do" those posts make threads like this get shut down.

I'm also curious to find out what some people would consider doing by just viewing the video and placing realistic thought into it. Since we are not there we can't say we would do this or that. Although I have reason to believe it wouldn't turn out so well regardless. Just no blood lusting.

Here is the Video.
Old September 17, 2013, 02:52 PM   #2
Bullcamp82834

It's not a prank. It's an assault.
Committing an act that places another in fear of receiving serious injury or death.

The "prank" intent is irrelevant. What matters is what the victim perceived the situation to be.

This idiot could have been shot and the shooter would walk away scot free.

The stupidity of people continues to amaze me, even after all these years.
Old September 17, 2013, 03:01 PM   #3
MLeake

I have often wondered why assault charges are not pressed more often, with online and TV pranksters alike. As Bullcamp points out, scaring people with what they perceive to be a weapon constitutes assault, menacing, or similar in several of the states I have called home over the years.

Assuming I did not realize such an incident were a prank, the hoaxter could find himself in situations ranging from sprawled out on the ground, with sore parts and a missing "weapon," to staring down a muzzle, to (worst case) sporting spiffy new gunshot wounds.

I might even feel sort of bad about it, afterwards.

Hopefully, nobody ever tries such a thing; hopefully, if they do, I realize it in time.
Old September 17, 2013, 03:15 PM   #4
markj

Well now, looks like the haunted houses are on u tube we do this to get the blood pumping outside the entrance to teh haunted house. Inside there are other terrifyng images and people dressed up like he was. Cost is a measly 10.00 per person we do it in fun. Dont shoot any of us.
Old September 17, 2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Glenn E. Meyer

Too silly for us. Obviously, if you were armed and thought someone with a chain saw was after you - you could act appropriately. There is no doubt.

Closed.