The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 5, 2005, 06:09 PM   #1
Duxman

American Hisroshima!

Al-Qaida's U.S. nuclear targets:

Captured documents, terrorists reveal bin Laden's preferred dates, places for 'American Hiroshima': Al-Qaida's prime targets for launching nuclear terrorist attacks are the nine U.S. cities with the highest Jewish populations, according to captured leaders and documents.

As first revealed last week in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, the premium, online intelligence newsletter published by the founder of WND, Osama bin Laden is planning what he calls an "American Hiroshima," the ultimate terrorist attack on U.S. cities, using nuclear weapons already smuggled into the country across the Mexican border along with thousands of sleeper agents.

The cities chosen as optimal targets are New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Chicago, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Boston and Washington, D.C. New York and Washington top the preferred target list for al-Qaida leadership.

Bin Laden's goal, according to G2 Bulletin sources, is to launch one initial attack, followed by a second on another city to simulate the U.S. bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The optimal dates for the attacks are Aug. 6, the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing, Sept. 11 and May 14, the anniversary of the re-creation of the state of Israel in 1948. No specific year has been suggested, however, this Aug. 6 represents the 60th anniversary of the Hiroshima attack.

The captured terrorists and documents also suggest smaller attacks may take place on American soil before the nuclear incidents. They may include some involving automatic weapons at schools and shopping malls,

The above are excerpts: The full article can be found in -
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=45313

Looks like the Tango's are going to take the battle to our shores. With automatic weapons in schools and malls. (Lets put aside the nukes for a second because we cannot do anything about them. Unless one of us is a government superspy...)

What would you do if you are shopping with your family / friends - and then 2-3 Tango's suddenly open fire on everyone in sight.......
Old August 5, 2005, 06:16 PM   #2
gordo b.

I'd do my best to head shoot them with my illegally carried piece of the day.
Old August 5, 2005, 06:40 PM   #3
Wildalaska

Dude you are so behind me....

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=177359

WilditshiroshimaAlaska
Old August 5, 2005, 11:05 PM   #4
Kilroy08

Hmmm......

Shooting up a mall doesn't seem like the usual Al-Q Modus Operandi .
Please forgive my butchery on Latin. These guys like to make the biggest statement they can. On the off chance they do hit a mall.... I ain't armed with nought but my wits, and usually by myself so a tactical retreat would be my reaction...... to the gun store a 1/2 mile from the mall. And there's the State Police barracks right across the road too.

A large attack on Philly and D.C. ??? I'm in the middle, so..... bend over and kiss my butt goodbye. Unless it doesn't consist of something that causes me to feel fuzzy and make my nuts glow in the dark.
Old August 5, 2005, 11:11 PM   #5
Vitamin G

Pittsburgh isn't on the list, YES!
Well the good news is that PA finally becomes a red state if Philadelphia gets wiped out.

As for shooting up malls, that sounds EXACTLY like AQ to me. They're terrorists. Not being able to live our lives in a false sense of security is terrifying to most people. These are the same people who also refuse to acknowledge the possibility of getting mugged, carjacked, etc, and want you to not have a gun permit.
Old August 6, 2005, 01:06 AM   #6
Limeyfellow

Just a shame that story was thrown out when it was proved old Joseph Farah made it up again. That guy and WND in general either plagarize their articles or make them up and I guess he will get in trouble for this one too. Of course this is also the person who recommends the death penelty for adulterers, and how if anyone ever says anything bad about Bush they should be rounded up against the wall and shot. His particular hatred is for Johnny Depp and the Dixie Chicks and is convinced Bill Clinton is personally out to get him, since one pathetic guy who makes up his news and biased as they get is all public figures can think about it.

Try again Joe, this time you might want to use actual documents.
Old August 6, 2005, 01:34 AM   #7
ksmash01

too close for comfort....

i live right across the Bay from San Francisco.....

if ANYTHING ever happened, i'd be(for the moment) strapped with my marlin 82 bolt action 22 mag with scope slung over my shoulder, S&W Sigma SW9VE in waist, with my scoped Remington 597 in hand ready to "get 'er done".

everything else i own will no doubt be in the hands of loved ones around me ready to do what we need to to stay alive(or die trying).

All jokes aside, i'd like to see how my local governmet would respond in a crisis like that, just to witness what kind of "leadership" exists.
Old August 6, 2005, 09:25 AM   #8
bclark1

wow, good to know. happy august 6th everyone. when i'm out getting my new cell phone today and i get 86'd at the mall, i just want someone to promise me they'll punch daley in the face for making me defenseless.

i'm not too familiar with WND, how reputable are their writers?