The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 21, 2005, 06:47 AM   #1
Buzzkill

Laurona doubles

HI guys

Does anyone have any experience with the range of laurona double guns {s/s or o/o }

They seem very moderately priced .

They are manufactured in spain so im not sure if that makes them good or what .

Thanks in Advance
Bob
Old June 21, 2005, 01:17 PM   #2
Buzzkill

Does Them being in Spain make them a bad buy or what . Just wondering as i never even saw one before .

Did anyone ever hear of that make ?
Old June 21, 2005, 06:52 PM   #3
kudu

Spanish guns have been known to be very good or very bad. The Lauronas I have seen are a bit rough but servicable for O/U's. They are on the low end of the price spectrum, but are probably OK for limited use (seasonal hunting). If you plan on target shooting quite a bit you would be better off spending the extra money up front for a gun that will go 100 thousand plus rounds without service or major problems.
Old June 22, 2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Buzzkill

Thanks Kudu

I was in my local gunshop yesterday and say an almost new Laurona side by side .OK ,there was one or two small scratches on the stock but that was all that i could see wrong with it . The reason i like the side by side is the weight factor . There was also this beratta compettion over and under for someting like 2 grand . If i was too compare the weight between that beratta o/u to the laurona s/s there would be a hell of a difference . No way could i see myself lugging that thing around with me in the back of beyond . I suppose people who buy those kind of guns wouldn,t ever take them out for a days roughshooting .

Give me a side by side over an over and under any day .

Thanks
Bob
Old June 22, 2005, 08:22 PM   #5
kudu

There is a reason the Beretta is so heavy, you said it yourself that is was a competition gun. I have my Beretta set up at just shy of ten pounds, and it does quite well on the skeet range. After 500 birds in a weekend competition, the weight really soaks up recoil, and it also builds up your muscles after a while.

I usually get out my Ruger 28ga if I'm headed bird hunting, or one of my small gauge 1100's. They feel like feathers after using my target gun. I have a little .410 SxS Huglu that I plan to bird hunt next year with a bit.