The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old December 1, 2010, 11:13 AM   #1
Andy Griffith

NAA Companion chamber diameter?

I just purchased a NAA Super Companion. I've had a regular Companion, but I've only used it a bit, but got tired of buying the bullets.

My question is, what is the chamber size- I'm not at home right now, so measuring is going to have to wait until later.

If it's in the .220" range, I suppose some #F lead buckshot at .220" diameter would be the most cost effective way to shoot it. A 8lb. jar of the stuff I don't think I'd ever shoot up. The next size up is #4Buck at .240" but I figure that would be too large.

Suggestions?
Old December 1, 2010, 08:13 PM   #2
robhof

robhof

Sorry, but the Super's chambers mic at .222-.223 on mine and 220 balls roll in and out. I've put them on my brass anvil and tapped them with a brass hammer and loaded them flat up and down for a snug fit. They shot fine and I didn't get any recoil creep from them. I had a tin of the .220 balls for 22 pellet guns and didn't want them to go to waste.
Old December 1, 2010, 09:17 PM   #3
Andy Griffith

Well, I guess I'll cut open a shell with some #4 Buckshot just to see if it's too large- which I suspect it is.

I guess that's cheaper than ordering a 8lb. bottle of it and finding out it's too little!
Old December 2, 2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Fiv3

Please let us know what you find out

One of the reasons I haven't bought one of these is I that I didn't want to have to buy the bullets. If I could make some shot work, well that would be worth the price right there